My 225 Gallon Set-up

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by ReefBruh, Jul 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Well here goes reefing to a new level for me. If you don't already know I am new to the forum and last month I came upon a 225 gallon tank with stand and 55 gallon tank for sump at the low low price of 400 dollars. I have a 125 gallon reef already set up but I know its not efficient for what I really want. I love diversity and promise to take this build slow; especially for the simple fact that I am disabled OIF vet and funds are not on my side. So I might hold the record for the slowest tank build on 3Reef. I hope everyone will be patient. I have seen lots of beautiful tanks on this forum and hopefully I will join those and gain your honor and respect. So with all due...,..Heeeeeeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeee we go!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

great start with that sized set up ReefBruh

taking your time is ideal, some of the faster moving build threads are finished before I wake up (time zone joke)

look forward to watching this one progress

Steve

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

As you can see my carpenter skills are so low that they can go under a snake's stomach. I will be going to a carpenter for assistance. I will prolly have the individual, definitely have the individual build the matching canopy also. I just received a Dart external pump in excellent condition. I am having my sump/refugium custom made at a very, very inexpensive value. I am also in the works for 4 x 400W MH at 200 smackaroonies. I will get a protein skimmer rated at around 350 gallons and a denitrator(any advice is truly welcome) because I know this tank will be slightly overstocked.

As for what is already in my 125

1 orange shoulder tang
    1 tennetti tang
    1 magnificent foxface
    1 blonde naso tang
    1 maroon clown (not going to new setup)
    1 pair of clarkii clowns (not going to new setup)
    1 diadema (not going to new setup)
    2 anthias (not going to new setup)
    1 royal gramma
    4 cleaner wrasse (if they make it that far. no luck with them. I think these are 9 - 10 - 11 - and 12 that I have owned). Knowledge would say either don't buy them again or QT them and train them to eat flakes, frozen, or pellets.
    1 african midas blenny
    various corals and cleaner crew which I know I have to update.

The reason the previous fish are not going to my new setup is because there werent my original choice. I was so happy into the game that whatever fish was offered I took instead of just sayin no. I plan on adding a school of chromis, a school or wrasses, a pair of black perculas, a pair of platinum perculas and thats pretty much all I can think of at the moment.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  5. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Thanks for the love Steve. Where are you from? I can't get the country code of your residence.

6. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Here is my present setup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  7. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Welcome
    Im from England but have lived in South China for the last 12 years

Steve

8. Click Here!

9. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

nice looking setup,i will be watching this build!

10. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Sweet. There is a company there called Orphek that has LED lighting systems there. For my tank they quoted me around 1300 dollars with free shipping. But my friends tell me not to do the LED thing because there are no numbers to show if they are what they say they are. Even if the reef thing doesnt work out it would still be cool for a FOWLR tank.

11. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Thanks for the love and support homie. Well, state homie.

12. bama

bama Humpback Whale

I cant wait to follow this one. Plus you already have a very nice setup.