My 10g reef

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Piano10, Mar 22, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

This is my 10g IM, its 7months old
    We made the stand and upgraded the original parts.

We changed the pump as the original offered little flow. We have a 900 maxijet

We added the spin stream nozzle which offers great flow but I recommend upgrading to a stronger pump when using the nozzle

upgraded the media basket-love the upgrade as the original was a pain to open and clean, it also limited the media

We removed the original netting/lid as we found the 1 inch black trim blocked the light. We had white egg crate and now changed to black, which seems to contain the light within the tank more-the white seemed to allow a lot of wasted light into the room, the black doesn't. Maybe its an illusion but I like the black better.

We still have some work to do.
    Any suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Attached Files:

Murball7 and Mr. Bill like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

That's a great-looking little nano you've got there. Thanks for sharing. :)

cody3819 likes this.
  4. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

Really nice looking.

5. Murball7

Murball7 Bristle Worm

Piano that's a really nice tank you have, what light do to have lighting it? Everything looks good under it.

6. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Thank you so much!

The lighting is the stock light which is the Skyye light. 18 watts 3 white, 3 royal blue 10,000k

The only issues I have had is my alk and mag dropping-wc aren't helping.
    Temp control- my heater is set at 74 temp stays between 80-82
    Microbubbles from the pump-it looks like a snowglobe at time..grrr

Nano's keep you on your toes. Lol

7. Oryo

Oryo Feather Duster

Nice looking Nano! I'm guessing filter system is in cabinet? Back of tank?

Depending in area where you live.... I have no heater in our tank. I'm in Los Angeles area so the water temp lo 74 & high 80. I have computer fans on top of tank & over filter system in cabinet that I have on timers. This way you can set time & length of time you want depending on weather.

I have a brand new 10G & 20G long sitting in garage hoping one day to have the nerve to set up a Nano tank

8. Click Here!

9. Piano10

Piano10 Aiptasia Anemone

Oryo, its an all in one so the filter system is in the back of tank..i love it, besides keeping the chambers clean. Lol.

I'm in Ontario Cda, it gets pretty cold here or I'd attempt no heater at all. I think I will replace the heater...hydor I don't recommend.

I had a 55g 7 yrs ago, no sump just simple system and it was far easier to keep than the nanos. a water change on my 55g kept all parameters balanced, my 2 nanos- low alk, low mag for mnths even after changing my salt to crystals and doing weekly water changes.