Musical preference?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by SwimsWithFish, Dec 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

+1 I listen to everything but rap.lol My brother recently got me to buy a couple albums from the group Porcupine Tree.(Deadwing,Fear of a blank Planet,) Really enjoying it. Some of there songs are LONG!!! There drummer rocks!!!8)8)

Porcupine Tree - DeadWing - YouTube

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. rayjay

rayjay Gigas Clam

Geez, am I the only old geezer here?
    I listen to 50's and 60's rock, country, and John Philips Sousa's March Music.

4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Bump. I guess I'll go a little more in depth about what I listen too. I like folk rock, bluegrass, acid/psychedelic rock, and some rap(can't stand eminem). I enjoy basically anything except for country. But I go out of my way for the above music. On my iPhone most of what I listen too is Bob Dylan(my favorite), avett brothers, Mumford and sons, pink floyd, and billy idol. I find it sad how fake and filtered modern music is. Every new song that comes out is about "being up in tha club" or "gettin
    Down and partying all night". That stuff just makes me sick. It's hard to find good modern music. That's why most of what I listen to is '60s-'70s.

5. Stercus Accidit

Stercus Accidit Feather Duster

Almost everything that has been mentioned so far...except the newer rap and country ;D

Right now I like Thrice, the new Bush, Brad Sucks, Awolnation, Chevelle, The Heavy...all the way to Slipknot

6. SwimsWithFish

The heavy is pretty awesome.

7. Stercus Accidit

Stercus Accidit Feather Duster

oh I'll add The Black Keys, Metallica, Mudvayne, AC/DC....AND last but not least Johnny Cash!

8. Click Here!

9. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

Well as a younger kid i was naive and thought the world revolved around Eminem (He's still my all time fav. rapper. hands down hes a great lyricist) But now i listen to freaking everything!! Lets see ive seen:

Lil Wayne, Nikki Minaj, Birdman, Travis Barker from blink 182, Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, and more live. I love country being from the south, love it. Great to drink to, but i love rap for pure entertainment reasons. I love rock, ive been to many local concerts, i grew up with my rents listening to classic rock, and my buddy has a great band, very similar to megadeath. Gotta love Pantera!!!. I mean im all over the board, And not to mention ive been to sooooooooo many dance fest like EDC, dayglo, skrillex, so many i love music, all kinds, from Frank to Bob marley, I play soccer , love bob... and ragae. The whalers are the best! i mean i can just go on and on and on about who i like and what i like, but i pull it all off. lol

10. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

Not to keep plugging Thrice but if you like folky/acoustic music you should look up Dustin Kensrue's solo stuff. Your ears will thank you ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcRMHdPorUA

11. lmr2o

lmr2o Millepora

This is a really cool idea for a thread though - music is a pretty big part of my life as I'm sure it is with a lot of you guys too

12. SwimsWithFish

I'm in love. THANK YOU!!!!