Mushroom questions

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by mdbostwick, Oct 7, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbostwick

mdbostwick Vlamingii Tang

I bought a frag with a single mushroom on it attached to a little rock. Either the rock was too light or one of my fish was terrorizing it and it was always ending up on the sand upside down and i would try to put it back where it was originally.

Well this last time I was putting it back it completely released from the rock it was on, I tried to superglue it to a rock in my tank and it ended up not sticking and is now sitting on the sand but has not moved at all since it fell off of the rock, about 3 days now.

My question is should i try to glue it back down somewhere? Let it stay where it is at? I don't know how photosynthetic it is so will it have enough light on the substrate? (4bulb t5ho on standard 55g)

I just feel I have man handled this mushroom a lot. Where it is on the substrate right now, it is looking the best it has since i got it, but i don't know if it is just happy because it is not being touched and will need to be moved just not right now or what.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

You shouldn't try to glue mushrooms. As you've discovered, it doesn't work very well. Place it in a small dish in a low-flow area with a few pieces of rubble and allow it to attach itself. Afterward, you might want to glue the rubble to your rockwork to prevent any further mishaps.

mdbostwick and Vinnyboombatz like this.
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

+1 Excellent advice.

Mr. Bill and mdbostwick like this.