Mushroom Growth Rate

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by omgiv, Jan 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi Guys,

I have three bulleye mushrooms that have been growing well but have not multiplied. I was wondering how long it usually takes for them to split. My xenia, Kenya tree, and zoas have all grown and mulitplied. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Ivy

2. Click Here!

3. s10lowrider1994

s10lowrider1994 Feather Duster

Mushrooms are pretty random as far as multiplying. We have some green fuzzy mushrooms and a few yumas that grow and split like crazy but also have a few that have been in the tank for months that havent done much but look great and are huge. Have yours moved at all? Sometimes they grow a few little ones underneath then they pick up and move and leave a trail of babies behind.

1 person likes this.
  4. colodan

colodan Fire Shrimp

I think it depends on the type of shroom. I have some green mushrooms that are trying to take over the tank, maybe 20 or so, then I have some blue stripped that I added at the same time, and there is only three of them now.

1 person likes this.
  5. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks for the quick replies. I have moved them a couple of times in the tank. They have never moved themselves. They get very large when they are full. I haven't looked undeneath, but I don't see any others when they are deflated. Thanks!!!!

6. Newreef15

Newreef15 Horrid Stonefish

1 person likes this.