Mushroom Frag

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by cody3819, Dec 11, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

What's the best way to attach one mushroom to a rock/frag plug?

2. Click Here!

3. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Rubber band some mesh over top the mushroom and whatever you want it to attach to. Usually takes a week or two.

cody3819 likes this.
  4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

I usually take two small rocks and sandwich the mushroom in between them then rubber band them together.☺

cody3819 likes this.
  5. cody3819

Now, this will not kill the mushroom? I have it in a cup of rubble. I have tried to superglue but no luck. What about it getting light or what about it banding to the rubber band?

6. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Another option is to stick it in a Tupperware with rock rubble and let it attach to that. Then glue the piece of rubble it adheres to, to that rock.

7. cody3819

That's what I'm trying to do now. Was just wondering if there was a better way. I thought about the rubber band but don't know it the top will stick to it or not?

8. Click Here!

9. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I've always used a touch of reef glue on the plug, just a dab then place the base of the mushroom on the glue. Always worked for me and I had over 30 ricordia that I frag get that way.

10. cody3819

I don't have any reef glue. It was starring to take to a rock but I moved it to get light and it came off again....

11. cody3819

Well I tried the rubber band thing. Guess I didn't have it tight enough woke up this morning and no mushroom found..... lost a really nice peace. I have looked and looked... hope I turns up one day going....

12. April Hope

April Hope Fire Shrimp

I have had great luck, taking a rubber band around it and then loosely wrapping mesh around the rock and rubber banding the mesh.

cody3819 likes this.