mushroom and anemones ok together?

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by david, Nov 7, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

Hi every one my LTA just decided to move a bit over and now lives next to my red mushroom corals is this ok Do I really need to move the shrooms I'd rather not? Any help?

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Hey David,  The tentacles of the LTA will sting the shrooms, but odds are the shrooms will move if there don't like it.  you may loose one or two

I would be alittle worried about the intake of that power head

J

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

My thoughts exactly. That powerhead is trouble. [smiley=worried2.gif]

5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Great observation....nothing will nuke a tank quicker than an anemone run through a powerhead. (And nothing will stink up a house quicker than an anemone run through a powerhead....YIKES!!!).

Like Jason said. There will likely be fighting eventually. Mushrooms (corallimorphs) are really anemones and not corals and they ARE territorial.

6. david

david Peppermint Shrimp

I think the anemone won't get sucked up he has quite a distance to go just to get there his foot is attached under 4 in. of sand so he has been opening around the rocks there but he never makes it over that far the BTA in the same tank used to spread over the 330 bio wheel and almost cut its flow by half HA-HA I think I will move the shrooms though it would be easy enough to do. I will watch the anemone and if he starts to get on that intake I will have to do something about that. The LTA has just made about a year in the tank now ;D
    I don't know if you remember but I call him lucky because he did get sucked up the intake of my canister and lived through that which was amazing I could see cuts on him from going through the strainer cap :eek:
    Thanks for the help you guys are the best!!!!

7. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

nice looking LTA. looks healthy.

8. Click Here!

9. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

[quote author=DAVID MASON link=board=ASAP;num=1099846695;start=0#4 date=11/07/04 at 13:09:17]  I think the anemone won't get sucked up he has quite a distance to go just to get there his foot is attached under 4 in. of sand  so he has been opening around the rocks there but he never makes it over that far [/quote]

If it releases stinging cells hes got a nice spread pattern now.... ;) I wouldnt worry bout the shrooms unless there are only a few... chemical warefair sucks.....the shrooms wont be the only ones stung. I think theyll be fine though as long as they are multiplying quickly.