Mummy Eye Chalice acclimation questions

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by ROReefs, Aug 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ROReefs

ROReefs Plankton

i got a mummy eye chalice two days ago that was grown using natural sunlight as its main light source, Since then i have placed it in my 40 breeder that uses 36" 39W T-5 X 6 bulbs all upgraded bulbs from stock bulbs. When i got it the actual "meat" of the coral was a little puffy like all of my other chalices only this one starting today has lost all of its puffyness and is now flat against its skeleton.....I have it on the bottom in the sandbed and there is no detritus or sand on its body, i have also noticed that last night the feeding tentacles came out and they didnt tonight even after feeding cyclopeez? My params are straight and this is the only coral that i have that is acting funny. Could it be from where all of my critters are trying to clean the rock that it is on ie "hermits, tang, shrimp, snails" and are just irritating it, or is it still acclimating to my system or what? Any help would be appreciated. Here is a few pics of it last night "note that it hasnt colored up yet either."

Attached Files: