Mudvayne, Static X review and pics

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Daniel072, Aug 26, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

Ok so the wife and I went to the pedal to the metal tour in eugene. The line up was supposed to be: Suicide Silence, Bury Your Dead, Static X, Black Label Society, and Mudvayne. Hellzapoppin who is a bunch of circus sideshow freaks were supposed to entertain between sets. (we'll get to this in a few)
    We get to the show and find out that Zakk Wylde (Vocals, lead guitar for black label) is in the hospital with blood clots on his lungs. Not good. About 50 percent of the reason for me to go to this show was to see this guitar legend play. That put a damper on the night. this Damper was quickly forgotten as soon as Bury Your Dead took the stage. These guys flat out PERFORMED. Great music. Great Vocals. Just good stuff. Had the crowd goin. Especially good for opening act. Ok so I was pretty pumped about this show now. I really really like this band.
    Next came Suicide Silence. The only cool thing about this band was the name. Well I take that back. The music was good but their vocalist might as well have been reading from the Eugene phonebook. It was flat out miserable for my ears. I actually hated the act. They really should take a tip from their name. Not the suicide part but the silence would work for me=)
    Ok Now with Static X. They reenforced my love for heavy metal music and live shows. They were outstanding. Sounded good and all of that good stuff. I'm not even a huge Static X fan but I would absolutely go see them again. No questions asked.
    Now MUDVAYNE!! Great as always. Not a whole lot to say about them, they were the headliners and showed us why.

Ok Hellzapoppin. These guys were a bunch of FREAKS, but the freaks knew what it took to entertain a crowd. They did a bunch of suspension with hooks and cables and all that good stuff but the best part was the HOT CHICK that swallowed a 27 inch curved blade. Oh and she is only 5'4". That is amazing to me.
    All in all, Static X stole the show. It was a good time and the cuthbert is a great place to see a concert. I'll go back.
    Bury Your Dead
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suicide Silence (horrible)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Static X (show of the night)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mudvayne
    Pics are horrible, bad lighting, couldn't get any

Hellzapoppin
    suspension (hooks and crap)
    [​IMG]

Betty Bloomers (with a huge freakin sword)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Wow. Must have been a great experience, black label not performing must have definitely sucked. Great pics though. Sounds like you had a great time.

4. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

I read MUDVAYNE and the metal hand signals went straight in the air. Havent had the privealge to see them in concert. Huge fan of their music. Matter of fact im gonna play " world so cold" right now. [​IMG]

5. tatted4ever

another good band to see if you ever have the chance during any tours is "Kill Switch Engage" never heard of em until the opened up fo Marilyn Manson.

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

they are awesome too. I'll see them. I'm going in a couple months to see dethklok and mastadon

7. lfbmike

lfbmike Guest

i just saw killswitch in tampa like 2 weeks ago at the mayhem festival. it was awesome. there were like 9 bands performing that day...definitely an experience.

8. Click Here!

9. tatted4ever

I saw them at mayhem too here in chicago.

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

I'd like to meet her.... :) Bet the show rocked :p

[​IMG]

Enjoy :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  11. muggle

muggle Purple Spiny Lobster

saw mudvayne twic and got to meet mudvyane, amazing band, can't wait for their next cd, gotta love the metal music scene, just saw a band dirge within, phenominal and touring with trivium very soon.