Moving and estabilished aquarium?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Guest, Jun 16, 2002.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone have a few tips on moving an aquarium?

2. Click Here!

3. ivyspig

ivyspig Plankton

Cross your fingers and hope everything makes it through the move!! ;) Seriously, use plastic trash cans, 5 gallon buckets, etc... to put some of your tank water and livestock in. You should try the discussion forum at www.reefaquariumguide.com because this question has been answered many times and will give you more insight into moving a marine aquarium.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Well, we should answer on this forum, eh? ;D

I moved my tank from NYC to Chicago once in my car without any casualties.

I individually bagged all my fish and corals. I double bagged each one and used twice the normal amount of water and twice the amount of pure oxygen from the tank at the fish store. I placed all the bags in styrofoam coolers.

Then I took out and wrapped all the live rock with paper towels and placed it in styrofoam coolers.

I also bagged the sand (with some water) and saved as much water as I could.

It took two days, but I set up the tank right away and everything lived.

hth

wahoo!!!!!

5. NOWICKI

NOWICKI Astrea Snail

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

That does have a lot of interesting ideas. Although I think he kinda loses it at the end with the 'across country' stuff. He could of provided details on how to bag everything.