Moving 40ga - 30 minute drive

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by K3rack, Jun 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

So I've read and searched and did some brainstorming and want to make sure I have my bases covered here. I'm moving this weekend and want to make sure everything runs smooth.

70lbs rock
    Can I put in a trashbag with some water instead of finding buckets to keep them submerged? I think as long as they're wet they would be ok for the hour or two out of the tank right?

40lbs sand
    I bought 40lbs of new sand to replace. Need to rinse still? Marco rocks sand.

40ga tank
    Siphon water out leaving about an inch to throw out. Remove everything and disassemble.

12ga sump
    After tank is cleared remove water and give it a cleaning.

3 fish -clown/wrasse/ittybitty tang
    Individually wrap in plastic bag. I shouldn't really need any oxygen since it's going to be a couple hours right?

many many many snails and 1 shrimp
    Put in plastic bag also with water. Should I separate the big ones vs. the small ones?

8 sps, 1 lps corals all bound to rocks
    Not really sure how to transport the corals. Should I separate them in their own baggie? sps are fragile so should I do something else?

Comments? :)

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

See comments in youre quote.

4. K3rack

K3rack Peppermint Shrimp

Awesome, thanks! Hopefully everybody is accounted for by the end of the move :D

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011