Most rare SPS coral????

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by aquariaman, Aug 27, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

I am starting a little frag rack in my 70 gallon and i would like to make some chuck change from selling frags. I would like to know what is a good coral that i can easley frag but still make money. I dont want you usual sps, i want something that will frag and sell easly. What is your favorite sps and your opinion. PLEASE GIVE MY YOUR OPINION!!!! THANK YOU!!

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

Find a garf purple bonsai that can be traced back to garf.

4. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

are you looking for species or trade names?

5. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

Montipora caps are always quick growers, ive found that they grow fast! But since your saying non usual SPS....Most SPS are easy fraggers...I know someone that when he cleans his tank, he breaks off 10-15 pieces of his SPS corals, and they never are hurt in anyway. I would say that some tri-color acros or something would be cool.

6. aquariaman

MainStream Aqua,

I am looking for species.

7. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

Get your hands on some limited edition Tyree pieces and grow them out to frag!!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

8. Click Here!

9. aquariaman

If its possible, can you guys give me a price range for these? If you can't thats fine too! I am taking everyones thought into consideration. Keep them coming!!!! :)

10. Mainstream Aqua

Mainstream Aqua 3reef Sponsor

Look for species that are thin branching but keep in mind that if they are not commonly found than most likely the species is more difficult to keep in captivity.

There are lots of species out there, Acropora Echinata is a species that most hobbyist don't have. I am biased b/c I have this species in aquaculture but I cultured an acropora echinata for that reason. If you can find one that has been in captivity for a while, than they tend to do well at fragging. A full colony of a blue acropora echinata runs well over $200 on live aquaria FWIW.

11. aquariaman

12. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

I agree that most thin branching bring the most money right now. That and just about anything Australian (very nice coloration on some).

The problem is that rare and most sought after are not always the same. A true Formosa or Robusta is pretty rare to see in a shop. They do not, however, bring very much.