more praise for Mr Maloney (reefcleaners)

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by zjpeter, Nov 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

he's been getting a lot of it as of late but why would more hurt? :)

i ordered a relatively small shipment so i was worried about bugging him so much with all my questions but he was MORE than helpful and responded super fast. he actually recommended that i DON'T buy a certain snail because it wasn't necessary. honestly, how many sellers (online or LFS) are going to tell you NOT to buy something?

as for my order, i had no clue what they were so i only order a small amount of dwarf ceriths, when they came i was suprised at how puny they were. not to fear! there was almost twice what i had order in there. i dont know if he gives everyone that treatment, but i'm guessing he doesn't waste his time with a tweezers counting those little buggers. the chitons and crabs look great, all healthy and happy. he also threw in an extra mangrove (which were much bigger than i had expected) and his misc algae which he includes for a penny was, as near as i can tell, a grape kelp or caulerpa which sells on Live Aquaria for over $30!

again, i can't say enough good things about this guy! i can't imagine how busy he must be but the time he takes to make sure you order and get exactly what you need is commendable to say the least.

"Yes, I would recommend this to a friend" lol. honestly, if you're looking to stock up on a good cleanup crew, there is no where else to go.

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

glad to hear, i had emailed him yesterday with a few questions, and he answered with a speedy response. I get mine on friday! i can't wait to see the little critters

4. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

It says on their website that they often throw in a few more snail just in case there are casualties along the way. I think it wonderful customer service.
    An extra mangrove I must admit sounds great too!
    I did the whole custom clean up crew thing for my 55 and it should be shipping out today I believe he said. I love the nice array of critters he recommended. I got everything except a few crabs, chitons and limpets that were recommended and it was surprisingly cheap. (Didnt get them because I spent the excess money on X-mas gifts) I plan on getting them as soon as I can tho.

5. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i did splurge on the express shipping and got a couple of chitons. not only do these things look wicked cool, they're demolishing my GHA... slowly. unlike my snails that seem to taste it and think they did their job, these chitons are beasts just munching away...slowly

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

:) the chitons are certainly a slow moving critter aren't they?They leave the patches 100% bare though. A fast moving chiton, (like nassarius snail speed), would just be awesome.

7. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

yeah, maybe you should get into a little genetic engineering on the side... those sucks are gnarly lookin'

8. Click Here!

9. johnmaloney

10. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

lol i havemy cart ready and everything from reefcleaners! i just need the money now.... im broke oh well and i dont have a clean up crew.... well crap. i also did the custom clean up crew and have around 60 things in my cart all for around 35 dollars completely! i will def order from here! besides isnt the picture he just posted enough to want to buy from here? lol

11. mikev15101

mikev15101 Purple Spiny Lobster

Not to hijack the thread or anything but I was looking into these chitons, do they need GHA in the system to survive? If no, what else would they eat? Also do they get sucked into power heads? Thank you

12. johnmaloney

intakes? not likely if there is a guard on it. otherwise they might accidentally wander in, but the holes would have to be pretty big. they are essentially blind though, so they wouldn't no where they are going. they are as strong as can be, i think I read once that for their size they are one of the strongest critters on earth. Not sure maybe it was limpets....either way, once the latch down, it is amazingly hard to move them. They specalize in living in violently turbulent water.

no need for GHA, they like diatoms and cyano and film algae and other filamentous algae and ulva and the soft and fleshy macros. very diverse diet.