More pics of seneye reef monitor

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Jun 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Our friend Ken at Advanced Aquarist has been fired up over the new seneye reef monitor lately and rightly so. It is a slick new monitor for your reef that keeps a variety of real time data from PAR to pH and also historical records via your PC. seneye LTD sent 3reef a bunch of info recently. Looks like the same data as what Ken received plus an extra pic or two shown below. FWIW. Coming end of July for $190 MSRP. More videos soon.

[​IMG]
    seneye reef monitor

[VMEO]21218573[/VMEO]

In total the seneye Reef monitors:
    • free ammonia (NH3)*
    • pH*
    • light monitoring
    • temperature
    • water level monitor
    • LUX (lx)
    • photosynthetic active radiation (PAR)
    • kelvin (K)
    • * requires consumable slide which lasts for 1 month and makes nearly 3000
    • readings each month.

You can connect any seneye device to an internet enabled PC and receive feedback about your aquarium anywhere in the world. The sophisticated seneye software analyses your water thousands of times per year and the predicative software can alert you before conditions become toxic via e-mail and SMS, giving you complete comfort that your aquarium is protected.

The advanced seneye software also gives you impartial advice after analyzing your water, so you can improve your aquarium, making it look even better. With the seneye Reef you can ensure your lighting is good enough. Good light is the key to keeping corals looking amazing, but do you know where to place them? Aquarium lights loose intensity over time, but by measuring photosynthetic active radiation (PAR) you know when they need replacing. Measure and monitor levels of PAR as well as LUX and Kelvin using the full light meter to help keep your corals healthy and vibrant. The light meter uses the very latest light sensor which means it?s more accurate than the biggest selling submersible PAR meter on the market!

The seneye Reef features include:
    • Automatically monitors multiple key parameters
    • Constantly watching your aquarium, 5600 readings per month
    • Get healthier coral using the integrated LUX, Kelvin and PAR light meter
    • Early warning, intelligent software predicts future water conditions*
    • Convenient alerts sent to e-mail and mobile phone
    • Access results worldwide, data stored online for easy viewing
    • Track your results with automatic graphing
    • Connect to a PC or optional USB power adapter

The seneye Reef is also ideal for anyone with a planted aquarium as the PAR, LUX and Kelvin light meter is great for ensuring that the plants get enough light. In some cases people can be giving their plants to much light and not getting the maximum growth.

More information you can visit our site at 7 reasons why your fish deserve a seneye | seneye water monitor | aquarium monitor

The retail price for the seneye Reef is still to be confirmed but will be approximately $190 in the US.

The seneye devices will be available from the end of July but people can register for the beta programme by going to seneye | Aquarium water Testing | Fish Tank water sensor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

oooOoo interesting, so are these basically like those 100-200 dollar remotes? except you can do it on the phone now?

I wonder if they will support android phones..

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

I will be getting one for a christmas gift I hope LOL that would be nice to haev on a trip ;D

5. m2434

m2434 Giant Squid

Looks pretty sweet. Any price estimate on the consumable slides?

6. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

How do you hook it up? I don't keep a computer next to my aquarium! I wonder if a router will work?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  7. PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers Plankton

Seems cool... but... IMO it's limit is that one isn't able to control any of the tanks equip so it's just a monitor really!... What would be awesome is if somehow this got integrated to apex of rk!! then one could have full functionality!

btw.. how does is it powered? I only see a usb in the pic... does it only work while connected?

8. Click Here!

9. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The article posted by Leonard says 8.00$ per month and Seneye will send you a slide every month. No word yet about buying the slides in bulk but they may have a limited shelf life.

1 person likes this.
  10. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Here is more - direct from the source:

11. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Sounds promising. I'll have to read more on it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

12. nc208082

nc208082 Zoanthid

This is a great monitor that will probaly be in most peoples equipment lists soon. The fact it can act as a par reader, keep track of ammonia, ph, temp and other stuff makes it such a valuable asset. Sure the access of a controller helps but Personally id take the par meter over the controller