Moonlights would these work??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by 1fishyguy, Oct 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 1fishyguy

1fishyguy Purple Spiny Lobster

So I have been going back and forth on how I want to set up some moonlights in the new tank and i sure dont want to spend a ton of money on the ones the local fish stores sell. So I have been web browsing to see what i can find. Im not sure on what lumens or specs I will need but I came across this which seemed pretty nice and bright and easy to install not to mention very cost effective. Let me know what your thoughts are or if this would just be a waste of money. Thanks

I would be going with the wide angle blue ones. here is the link.

AC 110V-240V High Power LEDs

2. Click Here!

3. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

High quality, long lasting unit has been tested for 1000's of hours of operation. Great for home/comercial lighting applications. Low heat, low power and easy of installation. We carry the best in AC 110V-240 high power leds in the market at the best prices.

Available in White or Blue High Power LEDs in either 008 or 009 modules (look at pictures to the left)

009 MODULES = WIDE ANGLE BEAM

008 MODULES = 25 DEGREE SHARP BEAM - WATER PROOF

Looks like the wide angle beam ones are not water proof, i personally would get the ones designed for moonlights, and it all depends on how big of a tank your going to put these on LWH would all help

4. 1fishyguy

Sorry, Im running a 55g with custom built vented top with lid. I currently have two T5s running across the top. I planed to build a mount in between the T5s for these placing one at the ends of the tank and one center. These things seem pretty bright not sure where i found it but they have a video of one of these lights powered up on the site. I wanted to do wide angle since these will be just only a few inches above the water it wouldnt give it much room to spread the width of the led light out if i didnt go with the wide angle..

5. 1fishyguy

6. 1fishyguy

Guess it couldnt hurt to give it a try for only 50 bucks

7. doylef4i

doylef4i Bubble Tip Anemone

Look at coralvue's moon vue.Same size as a t5 and comes with all the mounting hardware.For what you are looking to do it would only cost you $75.If the other one doesn't work now you have spent $50 plus what ever else to get the same thing done.Check out marine depot.Good luck.

8. Click Here!

9. Jodah

Jodah Feather Duster

rapidled has 4 led moonlight kits for 18 bucks. Best price I've found so far. If you have a smaller tank, they also have a 2 led moonlight kit for 14. :-D