Moonglow LED Lighting

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Dador, Feb 16, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

Has any one had experience using Moonglow LED Lighting? I'm setting up a 60 Gallon Hex. Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

Um...lets see, do you need to know how to install them, which ones to get or... well i would like to think i know about them some what XD

4. ShadowSurgeon

ShadowSurgeon Plankton

sure

I've got three LEDs on my Current fixture and i love them.
    The ones I have create sort of a flat dull white (like the moon).
    I wouldn't go for any of the crazy colors like the deep blue ones; and I've seen red colored LEDs available too.

More importantly it makes it alot easier to view your stuff at night, which is a perk.
    I've been told they help with spawning/circadian cycles aswell, but i haven't had any first hand experience with this myself.

5. Dador

Thanks! Bruce I guess its all of the above.
    Thanks Shadow! What type do you have and where can I get realistic moonglow lights.

Any info on where and how would be great. Thanks

6. dancin_trancy

dancin_trancy Fire Worm

I personally have the blue LED's on my coralife fixture...and I'm very happy with them...leaves the tank dark, but with a nice blue that doesn't light the whole tank....very awesome in my opinion...and give a cool shimmering effect....really like it....on my clowns...all that really stands out are the white strips....if you are not planning on building it yourself....there are many hoods that also include the LED's......regardless of color, I would most definitely suggest them! So much comes out in the dark..and with the blue lights....it is just light enough for you to see...but dark enough for for everything to "come alive!" <----maybe a little too dramatic...but you know what I mean!:tongue4:

7. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

They sell moonlight LED strip light, just place on the glass. There is also blue underwater submersible light.

8. Click Here!

9. Dador

Thank you all!