monti cap

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Magnett2, Aug 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

What the heck is going on with my monti cap? It wasnt like this yesterday. Its like very grey. It doesnt look grey in the photo but it is. Its producing a TON of mucus as well. It has never done anything like this and has been growing very well.

Nothing has changed.

Ammo 0
    trites trates phos undetectable
    calcium is 450
    alk is 11dkh

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

What is your SG? The coral above could be irritating it or it wants more light in that area.

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

sort of odd that monti's have that large flat plating shape to get as much sunlight as possible in the ocean. It might want flow to, mine looked like that so I turned the PH at it. the next day it had no white on it.

5. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

Alk is a little high in IMO, but if it you keep it at that level all the time, maybe it's not an issue. I know plenty of folks that have their sps burn or have bleached tips with alk above 10.

6. aquamn1999

aquamn1999 Astrea Snail

it could of been from detritus accumulating

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I think it's either ^

Or some type of warfare going on between the monti and the sps above.

8. Click Here!

9. silor

silor Sea Dragon

+ 1 , I agree

10. Magnett2

Ok so this morning the grey has doubled. Also the part that was grey yesterdays completely bare now. It's just skeleton.

The Sps above is a birdsnest and I don't think it was irritating it. They have touched before for like a whole day because the birdsnest fell on top of it. Nothi happened. I suppose they could have engaged in c warfare but I doubt it. My red planted just destroyed a small piece of Xenia that has started to invade my rock. It was kinda cool.

Anyways, ***? No ome else is pissy at all. Everything looks good. I just dont understand. It was the first Sps I got and has done quite well. Then all of a sudden it's doing this

11. Magnett2

Oh, lol I didn't know I could not say what the f. The flow is pretty good in the tank IMO. I put a little more flow on it and it has just blasted away the mucous. Hmm