Mods to a Oceanic 29 Nano Cube

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by muecyl, Mar 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. muecyl

muecyl Feather Duster

I have read a lot of the treads about changing the setup's on my Oceanic Nano cube which is 29 gallons. I want to add a skimmer and a P04 reactor but I think the only way to do this is a sump. I see that some have removed the BB that come with the tank...

My Question is does anyone have any photos they could share or info what has worked or not worked? I just don't want to start cutting up my lid and regret it.

Thanks all!

2. Click Here!

3. CLoob

CLoob Astrea Snail

I own a BC29 and have done plenty of mods. The best place to find pics posted of mods is nano-reef.com. This is where about 80% of Biocube 29 owner exchange mods/ideas.
    I took the bioballs out and run a Sapphire skimmer in the 2nd chamber. Or you could use the Tunze 9002 skimmer.

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Although not a biocube.. I had a 12 gal nano dx... I tried the current nano skimmer which is IMO the biggest piece of junk on the market with no luck in the rear chamber.. I finally added a 10 gallon sump with a protein skimmer, heater, and extra live rock.... I was very happy with adding the sump to my tank....