"Mod" Please....

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by omard, Aug 5, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

Please replace my DIY "Sticky" (or add to...) -- DIY Fishtrap

With WildReef's....New Fish Trap cheap and easy !

Should work great! Wonderful brain fart that resulted in this....;D

[​IMG]

MacGyver would love it!!!

Seems I do remember him doing something bizzare with a plastic soda bottle...now beyond me what it was...:confused:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. R34dawn

R34dawn Ocellaris Clown

that wildreef always got it up his sleeves, now I be trying the same thing soon enough...lol

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

like I said on your tank post...it's Ghettorific!;D:thumb_up:

1 person likes this.
  5. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

MOD' If you think it worthy to add to where ever, please add it along with Omards fishtrap as well , his is a very well thought of one too.

Honestly the "brain fart" i had was nothing more than coming home after being at the shop, all sweaty and in all that heat , ALL I wanted was a cold glass of my favorite drink ( pepsi ) and the darned kids basicly left me the shell ( the bottle ) lol.
    And i just looked at the "empty bottle" and thought Hmmmmmm????, lol , A zip tie to hold the clip and razor blade for the holes and cutting the top, and cord to close the door.
    And the neck of the bottle was a bonus really, i shoved it lightly in the SB and that held the trap in place from all the watter flow.

And it just came to me like that cause i knew i was gonna have to remove either the sailfin or achilles , they just werint getting along and i knew if somthing wasint done soon, one would surely die of injury or stress.
    But i knew ! i wasint going scuba diving and chasing with one those dammed ol' green nets, just pissing them off more.
    Any ways, it actually worked easier than i'd thought.

Thank's Scott (Omard) for the recognition of my apparent "brain fart" LOL.

edited> By the way I own all copy rights and patents and NO one is allowed to seek profit from it.
    ( info/plans given freely )

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  6. gazog

gazog Kole Tang

I would add it to it because although his is a great idea there is a limit to how big a fish you can catch with it, while yours is only limited by what size bucket you can use.

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

PS: "Mod" please do not forget to include WilfReef's kind words and Kudo's....needs to be recorded history purposes...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator