mixed cichild tank

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by shorkkkkkeyyyyy, Jun 10, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

hey ! i own a 20gallonlong fishtank and i have 7 cichild , 1Bumble bee,1Crimsontide,1acei,1 Demasoni african cichilds. i also have 3 south ameicans 1 jack D, 1green terror, 1black convict and 1 synodontis multipunctatus (catfish). i plan on geting a 55 gallon soon and was wondering if that is bigg enought for all my fish ?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. fishyfinder

fishyfinder Teardrop Maxima Clam

NIce looking tank.

55 would work for just your africans, but not both. I wouldn't mix the south americans and africans. It's just a wreck waiting to happen.

4. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

Well thanks I've only had it for about 3weeks I was changing my decor around n around until I went down to a river and picked me up them rocks . So a 55 would work that's coool thanks and yeah after I got my africans I was like mann I shoulda never got these south americans I mean I like the south americans but africans are so much colorsfull n pretty . Would you think a 75 would be bigg enough for african n south. Cichilds ?

5. reefgirl16

reefgirl16 Feather Duster

I know from expirence that African Cichilds like to be with African Cichilds, but I'm not so sure mixing the two would be a good idea. :) but your 55gallon will be enough room for your Africans. I hope that helped some

6. shorkkkkkeyyyyy

shorkkkkkeyyyyy Plankton

Alright man thanks right now I have 3 southamerican and 4 africans in the same tank and they havint had no problems .

7. Bubbalover

Bubbalover Plankton

I have africans and south americans in my 75 gallon tank and i have no problems. It really depends on what kind of cichlids you mix and their individual personalities. I have 2 parrots and a convict in with my africans and they leave them alone. However, most SA cichlids tend to be on the bigger side, so I would do mostly africans with a small number of SAs since you have a 55