Missing or dead or eaten cleaner shrimp

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by reiple, Nov 21, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Craig Manoukian

Craig Manoukian Giant Squid

Clowns no not any f the species. My Maroon will even let himself be cleaned by my Skunk Cleaner Shrimp on occasion.

I witness to the SFE and SBL, found a skeleton, aka smoking gun, in the lair of the BBS.

2. Click Here!

3. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

Ok Craig maybe you should help me out and add these on the brand spankin new acronyms page.... ;D

CBS... SFE.... SBL.... BBS..... im all confused now... :huh:

LOL

Thanks

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Not common abbreviations but I think it goes like this:

CBS=coral banded shrimp
    SFE=snowflake eel
    SBL=spiny blue lobster
    BBS=black brittle star

:)

5. m_lacom99

m_lacom99 Stylophora

ah ok thanks amcarring... i noticed Craig had a tendency do this, no offense Craig. ill get the hang of it someday.

Marc.

6. Craig Manoukian

Actually stole those from reiple as he uded the acronym after giving the full name in a previous post.

The CBS is on the acronym page as it is fairly common. The others are new to this thread.

7. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

I also stole them from another forum site ...;) ;) ;)

8. Click Here!

9. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, just so you can all say "I told you so"!!! I had 2 fire shrimp, and the other day, the last one (the one that did not get eaten, obviously) molted. I saw the molt when I went to work in the AM, and I saw the shrimp in it's usual spot.

I got back from work around 1 PM, and , NO SHRIMP!!!! So, since it was a daytime attack, it had to have been the dottyback, like you all said. I had just not gotten around to catching it ....***sigh****

He looked all fat too, the fish. He is going BYE BYE!!! Fifty dollars worth of shrimp, I am gonna kick his butt!!! >:(

10. Craig Manoukian

Yup those shrimp are way vulnerable after a molt. Just like soft shelled crab, yummy!

Bummer for your wallet!

11. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I bought two shrimp-skunks- a couple of months ago. One of them almost immediately dissappeared. I don't know what could have happened to it. No evidence of it either. ANd now in the last 1.5 weeks I have lost 3 fish. ONe chromis I found dead. The three chromis had been fighting during spawning so I assume he lost the battle. And now I have 2 x 6 lined wrasses that are missing and no evidence of them. Where could they be or what would have eaten them. Everyone else in the tank is fine. I'm confused!

The rate I'm going loosing fish ya'll won't need to fuss at me for having too many fish. I'm down to 17 fish.

Cindy

12. Craig Manoukian

Cindy,

If your tank is truly overstocked and there isn't enough room to support the livestock, I believe they will deteriorate over time and die off as you are exeriencing.

I've seen people add fish, even slowly, and then they can't add any more. Every time they add a fish one wil die off.