minor algae problem

Discussion in 'Algae' started by longballz84, Oct 20, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

my 55 gal tank has just about hit the year mark...and i guess if you dont run into trouble in the beginning..this seems about the time to expect something....

ive been having little algae outbreaks that ive been supressing with water changes and cutting down my lighting time, which has gotten rid of 90% of the cyano in under 14 days....

now im starting to notice little air bubbles forming on two or three of my larger rocks...im not sure if its premature bubble algae or what...but with the recent algae events, im guessing it could be another form...

i asked my biology buddy and he said to increase water flow so i added another power head i had....im just looking for other ideas/answers/feedback...thank you

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

the air bubbles could also be from the cyno, it produces air bubbles, especially when it is first taking hold. Just suck out as much as you can and keep the flow up, that's what worked for me.

4. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

thanks, this group is awesome, i post a question, go downstairs to eat, come back upstrairs, i have feedback, i love it, lol...thanks again...i see ur in WC, do you shop at east coast acquatics or captain nemos?? both relatively close to us....maybe we could exchange some frags