Mimic Tang has clear/milky film over eye

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by Foreverfishy, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Foreverfishy

Foreverfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

Question,
    I noticed this film over the my fish's eye a couple days ago (right after I brought home another fish)...I think my tang has either Protozoan Infestation or Could be a gram-negative bacterial infection which could have been cause by the rearrangement of my rocks /introduction of a new fish. The biggest problem I have is that I dont have a QT.

Bubba (the name my 16mnth old son gave him) eats well (definitely not attacking the food when i drop it in the water and mostly hides vice swimming back and forth in the tank.

Temp 77.8
    SG: 1.025-1.026
    Nitrites: 0 to 0.25ppm
    Nitrates: 0 to 5.0 ppm
    Ph: 7.8-8.0
    Ammonia: 0

Edit: I am colorblind so I am trying to give it a good estimate to the nitrites and nitrates.

Skimmer runs 24/7
    GFO/Carbon Reactor runs 6-8 hours interimentally (sp?) throughout the day.
    Is there anything that I can give to the fish since i am unable to get to the LFS to by antibotics? I do have some flakes that have garlic...Also will it hurt to treat the entire tank for the same bacterial infection since i dont have a QT?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. Foreverfishy

4. tank1970

tank1970 Bubble Tip Anemone

how old is the tank? Having a tang in so fast might be the issue. Your tank should have
    0 Nitrites -

Have u seen ick?

5. Foreverfishy

My tank is almost 4 months old. I have seen Ick and is not that since the film is only on the iris/eyeball of the fish, thus the reason I think it is a baterical infection.

Going to buy a QT after work tonight and place them in there..just dont want to cause any more stress to the poor fish (I can only imagine my son saying where's bubba? that would not be a good thing)

6. Foreverfishy

As for the nitrites they could be zero..hard to tell for sure since I am colorblind.