millipora frag

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by billy31422, Mar 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

i am thinking of getting my first sps. i found a millipora frag online. my question is. will this coral live through shipping? i know that sps arent the hardiest coral. thanks

2. Click Here!

3. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

A nice and wise choice as an introduction in the fascinating and beautiful world of small polyp stonies in my opinion! Their three color morphs in which to choose from: rose, blue and green! All three ar very colorful and have scalelike coralites and are a hairy Acropora species.
    Other nice, hardy and distinct small polyped stonies are Montipora Digitata, and Capricornis, Pavona, and Porites, followed by Seriatopora, Pachyseris and Pectinia!
    Which ever one you choose...you won't be dissapointed IMO!

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I would find something Local. There is nothing wrong with shipping SPS but I think if it's your first one I would go with a local one to avoid adding additional variables to it's success.

J

5. billy31422

billy31422 Feather Duster

good point jason. never thought of that. not having any experience with sps i will have no idea what to expect when i first introduce it to the tank.