mikejrice's 30 Gallon Innovative Marine Nuvo Aquarium

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by mikejrice, Aug 20, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's wonderful.

I'm working on my tank to get it to about that point. But I need to set up an ato and automated dosing first.

Do you have an auto wc setup? :)

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

That's one of the few things I still have to do for it, but with auto dosing parts a and b, it stays stable enough that water changes can be skipped once in awhile without worry. I considered trying to set one up, but I've never seen a system that I would be comfortable with.

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Looks nice Mike. When are you going to add the magic G14 classified rock?

5. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I think it would be great if I could even just get it plumbed to turn a valve or two and a wc is performed (not fully automated).

But alas, my tank is sumpless, so doing this would take away from the aesthetics of it all.

6. mikejrice

It's already in, but I guess I didn't explain myself very well there. I'm going to be housing primarily sand dwelling corals, so all rock is hidden in the filter system. I think I will have one coral, however, that will be mounted on the rock to give just a little bit more height to the look. That one should be in the tank tonight.

7. mikejrice

I wish I could do something like that also, but this still requires somewhere for that water to drain to which you will probably have to empty as well as a reservoir for the new water which you will have to fill and mix. I work on one such system, and it ends up being about as much work as doing it the old fashion way.

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Just joining in and very impressed. I truly do like the I.M. aquariums :)

Do you plan on setting up something to dose the RN products? Email me ;)

10. mikejrice

Thanks Gresham.

I've been considering the new dosing unit from Coral Shop, but as far as I've seen, it won't keep it cool enough. For now I'm just dosing it manually, but I'll shoot you a message to see what ideas you have.

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Try this one.. I have been using it for about 6 months now flawlessly. Some have been using it for years.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/i-made/my-tunze-osmaolator-automated-water-change-89115.html

12. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Yah the data they provided doesn't impress me all that much and is inline with my findings of trying to produce such a device. The other issue with it is you put the feed into water. Even refrigerated shellfish will start to decompose when thawed. The units the Azoox guys have been making (Mike/Mike/Steve Weast/Matt Wandall) are the best design, just too large for most people.

I'll get my thoughts together and respond to the PM. I'm a bit backed up with MACNA and all so it may take a couple days. Please feel free to bug me if I have not replied by Friday :lol: