Micros that aren't $200 ?

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by MDeth, Apr 17, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

I've noticed that micros seem to be getting more pricey every week or so...and everybody has their own LIMITED EDITION ... ONLY WE CARRY THIS mussids.

Are there any sites (i know of DLC) that arent ridiculous. FraggleReef wants $200 for some UGLY 4 polyp micros...

BTW...they have $20 acans and blastos...but RAWR! micros arent any different...Literally the same polyp color in an Acan for $50 and they sell the micro at $200 for 1/2 the amount of polyps.

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

The rarer the coral, the more its worth. As long as people pay that price for them, there will always be somebody trying to sell them for it. Some colors in certain corals are common, and in others its rare. To a true collector, they know what it means. To a newbie or someone who only wants to get it cause its cool or whatever, does not know the difference or how rare it is. That is also how newbies can be suckered in to buying things for more money because they dont know the difference and take things at face value. I have seen zoanthids sell everyday for $100 a polyp, thats ONE polyp for $100. But like I said, as long as somebody is willing to pay the high price for it, there will be somebody trying to sell it for that high price.