Micro Fauna 2.5

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by REEFerMADNESS88, Apr 24, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REEFerMADNESS88

REEFerMADNESS88 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

this is what happens when you have many spare aquariums pieces parts.

I started this tank initially to house some mushrooms and simple things just to sit on a desk, but as i noticed small critters start to accumulate a lightbulb went off. A tank dedicated to all the little bugs and critters that hitch hick on LR. I have a small piece of Cheato as a kind of food chain base (as it grows it will also help with nutrients and what not). Here a some sightings so far : micro 2.jpg
    micro1.jpg micro3.jpg micro4.jpg micro5.jpg micro6.jpg
    I seam to have same neat looking algae growing besides the cheato, possibly some other macros. the glass is covered with pods and calcareous worms of various sorts some flatworms(all white no rustys) the starfish has recently broken in half so I now count 1 and a half:). Anyone familiar with the two algae pictured please chime in! I plan to do a water change about once a month(25%) sense the bio load will be pretty light. I supplement live phyto-plankton once a week. probably will throw some tigger pods in there just for fun.

Finally I would like to introduce an "apex predator" of some sort. preferably a small invert that will nom on some reef bugs. suggestions for this would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Chance

Chance Bubble Tip Anemone

Hey man! I'm in VA, too! I always enjoy cool little tanks like this. Ever consider a small layer of substrate on the bottom?
    As far as your "apex predator" I can't think of anything that wouldn't wipe out everything in there such as a little mantis. You could get a good sized hermit that would be the king of the hill!

4. REEFerMADNESS88

REEFerMADNESS88 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

thats probably what ill do or at least some kinda shrimp. maybe an emerald crab