MIA Red Planet

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by diverdan, Aug 3, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

The other night I was doing my flashlight rounds and noticed my small 1 1/2" ORA Red Planet was on the sandbed between a couple rocks. I mounted this one on one of my acrylic frag plugs and well the thing about the acrylic plugs are is that they are super light and if not glued down can get blown off by a power head or a grazing invert a lot easier than a traditional plug. I left it alone while I got my daughter to bed and finally a bit later I cleaned up and went to get it and it was nowhere to be found. Blown behind the rocks or whatever.
    I beat myself up for the past few days because I didn't break down the scape to retrieve it. Moved it over to the deceased list in aquarimate. Just couldn't get it off my mind.
    Tonight while doing my flashlight rounds again I there it was, 4 days later, between the rocks a little bit easier to get this time. I don't know how it happened, but there it was. Still healthy. I quickly grabbed a towel and clean up and got right in to retrieve it. I glued that sucker to a rock and very excited its back. Very very excited I just had to share. It must really love me because I set it free and it came back. Lol.
    Just wanted to share.

2. Click Here!

3. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Good to hear im not the only one who feels the same way about my livestock. Lol.

4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

I have a fish stealing stuff in my tank. I've lost colonies to his thievery.

5. diverdan

diverdan Bangghai Cardinal

Lol, I think he came to visit my tank. It was real weird. One day gone and a few days later put back.

6. barbianj

barbianj Hammer Head Shark

That's why I only glue frags to rocks that are big enough not to get knocked over. For SPS, you're better off snapping it off of the plug and gluing it to a rock horizontally. Nasties usually hide their eggs underneath the plug anyway, so snap it off and toss it.