MH lights raising water temp

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Fishez, Nov 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

FINALY!!! No more overheating!! I installed those 2 fans in the sides both blowing cool air into the canopy and now the temp stays around 80.5 - 80.8 all day and at night it stays around 79.0 so im happy with it , the only thing I hate is that the last 2 fans I bought are louder than I would like and it annoys the hell outa me but... atleast my tank temp is stable now.

2. Click Here!

3. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

4. szidls

szidls Feather Duster

[quote author=Matt Rogers link=board=ASAP;num=1100995412;start=45#49 date=11/23/04 at 09:24:39]Do you have a sump?
    That would help. more exchange with air, plus you can put a fan over it.[/quote]
    Hey Fishez,
    I don't know if you ever answered if ya have a sump?
    If you do then put a clip fan directly over the sump as Matt suggested. If you don't then I strongly reccomend you get one and put a fan over it as Matt suggested. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]You can also hide equipment such as skimmers and heaters. How hot does the tank room get in the summer? If it becomes too much of a battle you might consider a chiller.Just something to think about.
    Scott

5. Fishez

Fishez Bristle Worm

No I dont have a sump, I think the problem has been fix now though.