mh ballast

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by tst400, Dec 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tst400

tst400 Astrea Snail

so i have a 72" odyssea fixture ( i know i know....) anyhow i run 3 phoenix 14k and 2 geissman true actinic and currently to cheap blue bulbs and will be going to ati blue plus bulbs... i have one ballast that has started working off and on. now i could replace with another cheap ballast for 89 bucks and not need an additional cord or...... should i do icecap ballasts with extension cords, found them for 95 a piece or the aqua medic reeflex cubes ( m80 ) ballasts, thesed are 79 a piece. please keep in mind the phoenix 14k bulbs and which would work best, both will need extension cords... thanx. on a side note aside from the ballast the fixture works great

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Skip the icecap, and go for a Sunlight Supply or Lumatek (basically same thing). There are several versions out there, you need the HQI version for the Pheonix bulbs.

Icecaps are great ballasts, but they are no longer in business, and therefore... good luck with a warranty.

4. tst400

tst400 Astrea Snail

That is good info to have.. Maybe that's why I found them that cheap

5. BoB123

BoB123 Spaghetti Worm

My 150 watt ballast blew and I'm poring all my money into my frag tank. Any help?