MG Dosing Help

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by Xiztence, Mar 23, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

ok those are fine.. what are your current cal and alk at right now.. also what ever you dosed for mag yestreday double that tonite. then tomorrow do half of that dose.. then you should be ready to bring up cal and alk then the following day.

2. Click Here!

3. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Alright & idk where my ca & alk is I'll test tomorrow. I'm dosing 55ml of that Kent Marine Tech M, So 110ml? I think that I pushing it IMO lol

4. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Also I already dosed it in the afternoon, Is it better to do so at night?

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

if you dose 55ml and it only raised it 40ppm. 110ml is safe. go ahead and put the extra 55ml in now. 80ppm raise in 24hrs is fine. then tomorrow evening dose a 55ml dose.. that should get you close to 1300pm.. then dose cal and/or alk on friday.. remember riase alk first if its below 8.. then calcium.. aim for 400-450 on calcium..

6. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Alright I'm going to do that now then & last time I checked my alk was 9.5 & ca was 400, So I added Ca. brb

7. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

400 and 9.5 are good.. but once mag is 1300, dose a little alk to 10.5-11 then dose calcium to 450.. usally dosing calcium 50ppm may lower alk a little. so once you get calcium to 450, your final dkh should be 10ish.

then dont dose anything for 1 week. retest see how much your system is using up. then you'll know what you need and how much to dose weekly.. good luck. and keep your salinity 1.024-1.025 so it will hold all that mag,calcium,etc.. lower salinity = less density.

;D

8. Click Here!

9. Xiztence

Xiztence Gigas Clam

Alright thanx Night Rida.... Again & Again lol K+ Again lol ;)