Metronidazole?

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by geekdafied, Oct 4, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

anybody ever heard of using Metronidazole for external parasites on fish?

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Sure its the main active ingredient in Kick Ick and ruby what ever it was called ? It was a drug developed for human use and mainly for lesions and a type of pox's and such on people..

4. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I was talking to a vet about parasites, and he reccommended trying that.

5. jimw369

jimw369 Fire Shrimp

I added Metronidazole to the food my fish eat everyday. Been doing it for 4 months now. All looks great with the fish. 4 of the fish have been through hyposalinity and the other two QT for over 4 weeks prior to placing them in the DT. I was willing to try anything that would help after that ich fiasco.

6. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

I have been telling all who would listen that the best way to treat a fish is to soak its food in that or any meds also great for antibiotics ..
    It was a med that is taken injection or orally by humans . A friend of mine was on the team that help to develop that and get it past the FDA then they went to work on Oxyconton!!! I was on both drugs for a few yrs :) The Metronidazole was for some skin reactions I had to the titanium rods through my skin .. and reactions to the staple sites they put me back together with :)

7. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Its used also for dogs and horses any animal I guess that suffers from heat eczema and mange or skin disorders hot spots ?