Melting Xenia

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Adnuces, Apr 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Adnuces

Adnuces Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

grrrrrrrr............Well I had an small issue with my tank. I did a major water change and maintenance on Sunday and while doing this the heater gauge somehow got moved upward and by the time I realized what was happening the tank was at 84 degrees. That alone wouldn't be a bad thing but when I reset the thermometer on the heater at 79 the temp in the tank dropped to 76 overnight. Well this morning I got up and half of my xenia has melted into nothing. It was looking peaked and shell shocked yesterday but I was hoping it would pull through. My question is this....as only half is gone does that mean that the remaining is at risk also? or does the small bit that is left have any chance at recovery???? any insight is helpful.......better yet anyone with spare frags they want to donate......yeah yeah yeah.......what ever

2. Click Here!

3. geoxman

geoxman Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

84 is not a bad thing. It might have been the big PH drop when temp dropped so much. If your tank dropped to 76 overnight that tells you that you do not have a big enough heater, otherwise it would of not dropped below 79. Throw the melting weed away I am sure there are plenty of reefers in your area that will give you more. If you just cut the top off the melting weed and leave some tissue on the rock-it will grow back and take over your tank. Once it starts to melt it all seems to melt. JMHO and good luck