Meet Ron Jeremy the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by pks4life420, Sep 2, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

Hi I just wanted to show you guys my other pet. Ron is a Albino hedgehog I got from this guy on craigslist.When I first got him his face had sores and he had mites....After about 5 visits to the vet and $1200 later he is in great shape, running around and playing all the time....DOES ANYONE HER HAVE PETS? LETS SEE SOME PICS!!!(OHH besides water ones...lol)

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

That is such a wonderful story about you saving Ron. I'm glad you found him and that he found you! Here are my non-water babies: CoCo is a german shepherd/yellow lab mix, Lily is a coton de tulear and Rocco is my parrotlet.

Attached Files:

4. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

Cute dogs.. I like the bird is that full grown?

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yep. He's a Parrotlet. They are smaller than parakeets. He's awesome! If you want a parrot personality but not a scary big beak and all the mess, then a parrotlet is the way to go. They aren't known for talking, but Rocco can say about 20 phrases....so they can learn!

6. pks4life420

pks4life420 Fire Worm

you should make a video of him saying his stuff...I think its the coolest thing in the world

7. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

It's so funny too because he says his different phrases mimicking other people's tones and everything. He's even learned to copy people's different laughs. I thought about taping him, but I know whenever I try he'll go mute! Haha

8. Click Here!

9. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

How is a hedgehog as a pet?

I figure they would be like a ferret, as far as being able to train them to call them over, and pet them, but not a lot else.

Please excuse my ignorance about these guys, as I have dogs. So I won't ever be able to have something like this.

What is funny is that my SO will always say " I want a hedgehog" or any other cute critter on TV.

The one that makes me laugh is

"I want a polar bear"

LOL

But she out did herself when Discovery HD had a nice special on arctic critters. A pod of Narwhals were shown, and she thought those were cute enough to "want" one.

10. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Its a good thing that my wife doesnt log on b/c a pic of me would be posted in this thread.........lol

$1200!:eek: Thats a lot of $$$ to spend on a Hedgehog. That could have been a new skimmer, sump, refugium, controller, lighting etc etc......

Luna

11. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

Here are my babies.
    My three ferrets are as follows:
    *Jinx is a red campaign panda, when we got her she was extremely tiny
    *Screwball is a blaze sable, blaze (White face) ferrets often are deaf and have cranial deformations. Screwies head is slightly shorter and wider than rtegular ferrets.
    *Flower is our little old gal with cancer.

And my Doggies are:
    *Loki our lovely little husky gal that we rescued from a shelter. When we got her she was covered with burrs and was so skinny, even with her fluffy fur you could see her ribs. She is very small for a husky so most people think she is a puppy still.
    *Charlie is out mini Dachshund that we named after the comedian Charlie Day from 'It's always sunny in Philadelphia'. He is a complete momma's boy and is the sassiest dog I have ever seen in my life. We're convinced that while were gone he puts on my jewelry and clothes, lol.

Attached Files:

12. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My cocketiel named Tater (because we took him home in a potato sack)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My leopard gecko named Tina.

We also have a mutt named skippy, we think he's a beagle/shepherd mix. He's about 65+ pounds. I don't have a picture of him up on my computer but I'm sure I'll find one later. And then my brother has pet rats...the fancy black and white and then a tan kind...

We've had a ton of animals in the house over my lifetime. Tree frogs, another dog, parakeet, guinea pig (sp?), hamster, blue tail skinks (lizards), numerous ant farms (does that count?), firebelly toad.

And then I've cared for an orphaned opossum with my best friend for about 1.5 months before (fed it kitten formula), he was released into the wild, meaning our neighborhood. Which is where we found him in the first place.

And then I've had 2 turtles in a kiddy pool in my backyard before for 2 months. One we caught while fishing in a neighborhood pond, the other I almost hit with my car. Both have been rereleased to good locations (the first one is still in the pond. We'll probably catch him again if he's stupid enough). I have pics of these guys if interested :D One was essentially a carnivore. He was a stinkpot or common mud turtle and I fed him waxworms, nightcrawlers, feeder goldfish, etc. The other was mainly a vegetarian and we gave him some types of lettuce and veggies,but he went after some meat occassionally. He was a red eared slider.