maxima clam

Discussion in 'Clams' started by Va Reef, Jun 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

is an 8 gallon too small for a blue maxima? and if it not what are some suggestions on where to put it?

2. Click Here!

3. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

not too small... but you will need the right lights and water params for one.

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

ok well ive got two actinics and two 10000k white lights (not sure what they are exactly) and what are good parameters for it?

5. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

that is gunna require daily maintainance which may be good or bad depending on your dedication. you will prolly need to get a clip on MH as well since i dont think that make 4Xt5ho for tanks that size(unless u dont mind overhang). anyways, i think it would be a beautiful showpeice in an 8 gallon. and if u do get a MH a few SPS flanking either side would be beautiful...might try this for my office!

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Adding to this, the water parameters needed for a clam would be a bit hard to maintain in a tank that's only 8 gallons. Definitely not impossible, but you're going to be testing constantly and topping off maybe 2-3 times a day, and dosing chemicals a whole lot.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

well i can do whatever it needs daily so that should be fine and if you have any good ideas for sps can you goto my "coral combo" thread because i asking about corals good for the tank and contrast color

8. Click Here!

9. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

have a link to the thread?

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Clams + SPS in an 8 gallon is going to be kinda tough, especially for someone that doesn't have experience with them.

12. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

well...i would go for acros as they are really pretty and come in EVERY color. that also are kinda hard to keep and would require you do maint every day. what other equipment will you be using on this tank? fuge? skimmer? ATO? dosing? i mention them cause i think your guna need all the lil gizmos for this tank...but it will be AWESOME if u can pull it off.