Maxi-jet magnet mount conversion?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by zesty, May 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Hello, I have looked around a bit, however, not finding exactly what I'm looking for. So now, that's why we are here...

I have 2 maxi-jets, I have added one to my tank and I am still rocking the Koralia (for now), I didn't want to add too much flow to my tank at once. Since putting the maxi-j in the tank, I noticed how much I liked the magnet mount on the Korlia. I'm not in any ballpark to buy something that is $$$$$, but I am wondering if this has been done before or if anyone has a good idea?

I'm all ears! ;D

my powerheads

Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

interesting, I have doing some more searching. I did find these, they say they are compatible with the Maxis. Anyone have experience with these?

magnet powerhead holder brom BRS

Thanks!

4. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Yes they will work. I had them on mine when I used maxi's. but it will mount flat against the glass. If you want it to swivel then you need the mod kit as well. Both are a great combo to have.

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

ahhh, yeah. I would prefer them to swivel...

thanks!

6. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

How cow, that's a lot of money for some plastic and magnets. Just as much as new koralias when they're on sale.

7. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

yeah, that's what I was thinking. I have a bunch of rare-earth magnets at home. Maybe I'll just look around the house/garage to see if I can come up with anything.