Mattias' BioCube 29 *New Angel!*

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by SwimsWithFish, Nov 22, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Should i add a flame angel as my 4th and final fish?

1. No, i wouldn't risk it with the corals.

41.9%
  2. go for it! as long as you keep it fed it shouldn't be an issue.

37.2%
  3. mmmm. maybe, but i would keep looking for an alternative for your tank.

20.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Congratulations on the rock. Id say you could. Higher up in the tank and in moderate flow. Wait a while to add it though.

2. Click Here!

3. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

Yeah any sps won't be for a while! And thanks;) I'm really happy. Pics of the scape will be up tomorrow. im thinking maybe a cove type thing with an island for a zoa garden.

Quick question: how far apart do Lps need to be from other corals?

4. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Cant go wrong with a scape like that! Scaping sounds easy, but getting it just right seems borderline impossible. It really depends on the coral itself. For example, a frag of galaxia would have to be completely isolated from the rest of your tank. Its sweeper tentacles are way too long and powerful. But other LPS like acans are pretty tame and can be kept close to other frags. Just as long as their feeder tentacles cant reach near by corals. What are you looking to keep LPS wise?

5. SwimsWithFish

Well....

Torch
    Hammer
    Frogspawn
    Toadstool
    Candy cane
    And brains.

6. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Oh you got LPS bug I see. Understandable. They are very addicting. Haha. Toadstools are leathers and considered to be soft corals. The only ones I would see any problems with would be the members of the euphyllia family. The hammer, torch and frogspawn. The only reason why I say this is because as they grow larger they can take up a decent amount of room. They have a sting strong enough to kill other soft corals and SPS so I would just watch the placement. Small frags of them will be no problem though.

7. SwimsWithFish

Ok. So if I get a small frag I'll have to give them like 6" or so from any thee corals? Will that be enough space? The one I'm really set on is the torch.

8. Click Here!

9. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Thats more than enough space. Just as long as they arent touching and you will be good. :)

10. SwimsWithFish

Awesome!:) so do you HAVE to frag corals? Because idk, sticking my hand into an Lps doesn't sound too appealing! I already think I'll frag my shrooms to sell and relocate.

11. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

You dont have to. It is pretty simple though. The stinging cells on most corals arent stong enough to sting humans. Ive bumped into my hammer coral plenty of times and it hasnt bothered me. Fragging branching torches, hammers and frogspawns are really really easy though. Just snap the branch you want to frag off.

12. SwimsWithFish

That's cool! Can you sell them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.