Matt,, Tell us a story

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Jason McKenzie, Jul 25, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

The home page of 3 REEf has a picture of your wonderful Reef. If it's not too painful I was wondering why you broke it down?

Jason

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Oh boy, well let's see. I started in up while working at the fish store in NYC. Had it there for a year, smooth sailing, then moved it to Chicago in my Civic. Still smooth didn't lose anything.

Then I had it for a couple years in Chicago. During that time I finally got a real job. See I graduated in '92 when the other George Bush had us in another recession. ::) So good jobs where hard to find. SO I did temp jobs and the fish store thing. Then I picked up a book and learned HTML. I got an Internet job after that and then the money started rolling in. Problem was, I was working a lot, so the aquarium stuff had to be done on a day on the weekend.

It was OK, for a while, but being in my 20's with money, I didn't even want to do that. I just wanted to go to bars and ride motorcycles. [smiley=hehe.gif] SO that's the real reason I got rid of it. I just didn't want the responsibilty anymore. It was interrupting some serious partying. ;D

So I gave the livestock to a local fish store and broke the tank in the tub cleaning it. ::) :p

Now in my 30's with more time and less money, I really regret it of course. I have to buy everything all over again. The pumps, the skimmers, etc. (Never give away old pumps and filters!)

Live and learn.

[smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

4. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Wow Matt you've been around. So where have you liked living the best. Hard to say for sure cause you've never lived up in the Great white North :p
    Well I was hoping for an epic tail of romance, deception and intrigue [smiley=LolLolLolLol.gif] [smiley=smartass2.gif]
    but your tail of Money, moving and beer sound more like the truth. [smiley=beer.gif]

[move][glow=red, 2, 300]I'M ON VACATION[/glow][/move]

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

'Money, moving and beer' - that about sums it up! ;D I like that.

(I like Northern California the best, but no I haven't explored the Great White North! ;) )