Marine Snow vs Reef Roids

Discussion in 'Coral' started by mlott132, Apr 12, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

I have been doing weekly feedings of marine snow for my corals. After reading some of the results with Reef Roids I am thinking of giving it a try. My question is do I feed both weekly or just switch to Roids? If Roids, any tips on mixing/feeding? Instructions are kinda vague.

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

I would think variety would be a good thing. I'd give it a try and rotate the type. Just my .02

4. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

Very different products. Alternately feedings or mix together in a bottle with tank water and disperse in high flow area. Variety in nutrition is key in this hobby. I have over 20 types of food I feed my reef and fish.

5. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Should I do full dose of each or maybe cut both in half?

6. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

No need. I go off how many corals I have. When I feed zooplankton I don't do recommended dose because I mix other things with it. I have a wide variety of softies, LPS and SPS so I have to feed a variety of foods. Depending on the size of the tank and livestock I would do a cap of snow and 1/4 teaspoon of roids. Little goes a long way.

7. mlott132

mlott132 Fire Worm

Tank size is 75 gallon and I also have a mix of corals. So probably try 1/4 tsp of roofs and 10mL of snow.

8. Click Here!

9. Ballgame

Ballgame Millepora

Is the zooplankton also for you clam(s)? If so how often do you feed.
    Was told smaller than 2 inches can spot feed once in a
    While

10. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

That's good to start with. I always shut down my main pump before I feed but I keep my power heads on. Ball game, zoo and phytoplankton are good to feed the baby clams. I don't spot feed my larger ones though.