Marine Depot's Low Price guarantee is...

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by fronty, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fronty

fronty Plankton

Thanks for replying Ben. I have already submitted a request for a second supervisor to review my particular case. If I was in error or a valid reason is given for not honoring your policies, I do not believe a credit of any type is warranted. It would be unfair to your company to accept it. The intent of this post was to bring to 3 reef member's attention my personal review. If the second supervisor gave a valid reason for being denied, I was going to post the reasoning. It appears that many members have had great experiences with your company. Hopefully, my feedback helps to improve customer relations with your company and helps Marine Depot strive to continue these relations. Thank you again for bringing this to the attention of your staff.

2. Click Here!

3. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

I'm very happy to have read through this entire thread. I've learned a lot.
    #1. Frosty, it is up to us to help each other as consumers to make the correct purchasing decisions.
    #2. All companies should opporate in a professional mannor and honer all their own policies.
    #3. This thread is filled with people "sticking up" for sponsors like they'll get some kind of reward or something, you should all just stop that non-sense and let comsumers share experiences.
    #4. Companies can always make good in the end and thats what really matters. And it looks like MD is no exception here. This is what sets different vendors apart and what can make or break them. I've had plenty of bad experiences with different vendors and take consumer reports very seriously. If MD hadn't done right in the end I'd have probably thought twice about buying from them again. However, since they did the right thing, they'll remain on my list of top vendors. And no, I'm not looking for free hand outs, but some decent coupon codes to use in the future would be nice for all your customers!!! :) Keep up the good work.

4. fronty

fronty Plankton

Well, it looks like the sale is on again. The competitor is running the same sale today as they did on Black Friday. It is 50 percent off Jager heaters. I do not want to post the competitors name, but this proves that it was indeed not a price mistake.

5. initial_reefer

initial_reefer Bristle Worm

I used there price matching last year for my mp-40 the seller I found was a no name online retailer that only showed the price once you added it to the cart. was about $60 off MD's price with free shipping

They honered it without a problem and told me they are going to report the other guy for selling it so low.

1 person likes this.
  6. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Fronty,

I looked into this and it was our fault. I have our CSR Supervisor reaching out to you so we can amend the situation.

Again our apologies and with your feedback, we are sure it will not happen again.

Ben

1 person likes this.
  7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

I never said sponsors are untouchable, are above anyone else, or as such. But to have 7 pages of BS and not giving the sponsor time to respond is foolish and childish.

I was going back and forth with Aqua Medic for 3 months to get a ballast covered under warranty. End result they covered it and then some. I didn't come on here and grip about it. I gave the mfg time for us to work it out.

If it didn't get taken care of it, then I would grip about it on here.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Epic Touch using Tapatalk.

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Ben from MD emailed me wanting to know my T-shirt size!lol I've flopped between MD, drsfosters, and Amazon, but having a top level official get on a thread and solve a MINOR issue like this and then to follow through is pretty cool! I'm gonna be buying a new set of lights in the next month or so, and MD is definitely gonna get priority!

10. initial_reefer

initial_reefer Bristle Worm

I agree this is alot of crying for a savings of what $5?

11. chumslickjon

chumslickjon Purple Spiny Lobster

:confused:
    I believe much of the BS in this thread is spewed from you guys giving the OP grief for even starting this thread.

IMO, this is a very valuable thread which shows that MD is top notch. It's not about saving 5 bucks, it's about top notch customer service which IMO is priceless. I think you guys don't really understand that.

2 people like this.
  12. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

I am scheduling this thread to close within 24 hours as there appears to be no end even with a response from MD.

Please keep it civil in the meantime. Thanks

matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.