Marine Depot's Low Price guarantee is...

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by fronty, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Let me reiterate.
    Basically, if they think the price is a mistake, then they are telling you right there that they will not price match it.

2. Click Here!

3. Seano Hermano

Mobalized, I don't think anyone is attacking you.

To answer your question...the consumer determines whether a company stays in business. If someone is not happy with a product or service, then they usually don't shop there again, maybe write a review of customer service, or write a complaint, which seems to be what the OP decided on. Obviously he is upset with his service (company "not supporting their policy"). But those that were happy with their service aren't going to complain about the company. And so of course they (and I) aren't going to hold them to higher standards if we feel they are already meeting them. I think everyone who has a concern about MD's service, has mentioned it.

4. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

This thread is getting pretty heated..... I've had nothing but great customer service from Marine Depot and I have a buddy who uses the price match guarantee a lot and has great results. Sorry that you had a problem and I'm pretty sure it will be resolved.

1 person likes this.
  5. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

I have also shopped with MD and never had a problem. Clearly you agree that it is the consumer who has the ability to demand better service if they had a issue judging by your last past. Even if there is no change, most likely it will not go unheard.

1 person likes this.
  6. fronty

fronty Plankton

No, that clause doesn't apply either. You are taking it out of context by bolding the words you want. This brings a whole new meaning to it. Read it in its entirety without bold highlights:

"MarineDepot.com reserves the right to reject any price match that cannot be verified by proof acceptable to MarineDepot.com in its sole discretion."

The clause just refers to proof. They did not reject my screenshot. It isn't fair to alter Marine Depot's policy provision in order to validate their actions.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

There is a bit a ping pong here and at 6 pages without a response from Marine Depot yet I would appreciate it if we can hold off until they reply. Most likely tomorrow after the holiday weekend.

matt

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

I'm not bolding to make it sound the way I want it to. Sorry if that's what you thought.

I was highlighting it to show you what I was talking about. Perhaps I should have just used a different color and not bold face text. All I am saying is, it sounds like they did not think the price you showed in your screen shot was the price the opposing company meant to put up. That statement, is subjective by the company of Marine Depot. They can chose what they think is acceptable.

You said yourself, that they thought the price you showed them was a mistake, didn't you?

10. Seano Hermano

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

MD needs to respond here. I agree with the overall point Fronty is making. However, I also recognize MD has a policy that says basically "reserve the right to change our policy on a whim" which amounts to "if we feel like it" for all technical intents and purposes.

I understand they don't want to lose money, but, hello, that's the whole point of bargain shopping on black friday. If you're not going to honor your policy on a particular shopping day then you should specifically say so IMO. As does other large retailers.

I agree with this too. Sponsors are not above scrutiny and I don't feel Fronty, at any point, got hostile or mean spirited in his telling... though "worthless" is too extreme. I've always had great success with MD in the past and will continue to do so.

Having said that, I think it bears mentioning, OP's post count. It *appears* to me Fronty is trolling to spread bad publicity and that I do not particularly appreciate.

12. brunoboarder244

brunoboarder244 Torch Coral

i agree pricematch should have been made considering the rules to which they outlined....maybe this post could have been made a little less agressively so i can see some people getting upset but will still side on the pricematch....when a company sells something for a loss more than likely other items will be bought at a gain at the same time....also since he was unable to make all purchases from one seller 2 shipping costs must be paid ....and i dont think sponsors should be exempt from critiscism if anything they should be scrutinized more considering they are being promoted by this website and is "helping" to make this hobby more affordable by giving discounts on certain things due to special codes here etc.....

overall price match should have been matched unless good enough reason was provided (confirmation of non typographical error) otherwise their argument is crap and their service in this instance is also poor and another note MD doesnt seem to concerned about any issue and are not showing any interest in defending themselves or correcting the issue since they havent even posted on this thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.