Marine Depot's Low Price guarantee is...

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by fronty, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fronty

fronty Plankton

For those stating that sponsors should be exempt from scrutiny, I would have to disagree. If anything, a sponsor should be held to a higher standard. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people recommend a company and state they are a sponsor. One would assume that all sponsors on 3reef are reputable. I would think that feedback would be welcomed by Marine Depot and 3reef.

I posted a similar post in a different forum. There were a few people that had similar experiences as me, so this is not an isolated event. Marine Depot needs to consider revising their policy.

Mobalized gave an example of misleading advertising. By coincidence, a member of the other forum was subject to misleading advertising resembling Mobalized's example. It involved a promotion on Marine Depot for a $50 coupon. He was denied the coupon after placing his order. Marine Depot decided to keep the promotion up.

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

Does it say in MD's policy that they will price-match competitor's sale prices?

The reason I ask is because I had the same exact issue with Home Depot a few years ago concerning their price-matching policy. When given a sale ad from Lowes, they declined on the pretense that their policy was restricted to their competitor's regular, every-day prices.

Just a thought.

4. Atticus818

Atticus818 Eyelash Blennie

Here is there terms for whomever asked for the link:
    MarineDepot.com

Also, @ OP you may wish to open a dispute with the BBB, as they are in the "circle of excellence" and you may have your concerns taken care of with them that way. They appear to have quite a small history of problems. A link for you.

MarineDepot.com Business Review in Garden Grove, CA

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  5. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

I would NORMALLY agree with this. The problem is I do believe the OP said that on a black friday ad for MD it stated something about their price matching which would insinuate that they are also matching pricing for black friday. Just my thought on it. Should they have not wanted to match pricing on BF they should not have included it on their ad or stated that they would not be matching BF sale prices.

6. fronty

fronty Plankton

Marine Depot does not reference that exclusion in their policies. You can look at their ad on this forum. Go to this thread:
    http://www.3reef.com/forums/marine-depot/black-friday-wait-over-125746.html

The following is a direct quote from the sponsor in the Black Friday thread he/she created:

"We'll also match any competitor coupons or sale prices you see online. Happy almost-Thanksgiving!"

7. rocketmandb

rocketmandb Ocellaris Clown

I've been reading this thread with interest and was not going to respond, but when I see a comment like this I feel I need to weigh in.

First, we have no "job" as consumers. We buy things as consumers. That is not a job, it is something we choose to do.

Second, we have no responsibility to hold companies accountable. We have the ability to do what the OP did and that is to take our business elsewhere.

Third, whether we agree with it or not, the MD's price matching policy allows them to do exactly what they did here. We may not like it, but it's their policy and no one lost any money in the deal.

I've shopped with MD and will continue to use them as one of my online vendors of choice. Will this episode affect my decision to use them one way or another? Likely not. I use them because I like their site and I know the goods will get to me. Frankly price matching guarantees are more of a pain than they're worth. Why not just buy from the other vendor?

Buy where you want for the reasons you want.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Mobalized

lol is my only rebuttal if you believe we are to not hold businesses accountable. I suppose you also believe we should not demand change in businesses to become more eco friendly since we have no such position.

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Sure...you can demand it all you want. That does not ever mean the company has to become "eco-friendly," if they don't want to.

Besides. The company is states in their policy...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  11. Mobalized

I am not quite sure how my words on the topic have come under attack but if those of you who choose to attack them are so well versed in the topic please explain to me who is to hold businesses and corporations to a higher standard? I can't wait for a response like better business bureau. How can businesses exist without consumers? Consumers dictate demand and need for a product or service. I am not here to fight with anyone. But after the comments made in response to my initial statement I feel that you guys are also the type of people that wouldn't vote because you feel you won't make a difference.

12. fronty

fronty Plankton

The low price guarantee wasn't modified. The clause just states that they can modify or change their policies. The company will then update the policy page on their site. Basically, it is subject to change and one should check their policies for any such changes. It is to keep people from saying you price matched on a previous order. They would then state that the policy has been modified and there is a NEW exclusion. The clause does not state they can pick and choose which prices to price match. It also doesn't state that they will not price match significant discounts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.