Marine Depot's Low Price guarantee is...

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by fronty, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fronty

fronty Plankton

Thank you for reading the thread in its entirety and seeing the points I was trying to express.

2. Click Here!

3. fronty

fronty Plankton

The intention of this post was to bring to Marine Depot's attention a seriously flawed price matching policy. I realize that they have not had a chance to respond. I suspect they will do something to validate them not honoring their policy or just delete the thread.

I would like to add that the heater was on sale for the same price at two different competitors. It was sold out at one of them. I don't think it was a price mistake. Both companies would have had to make the same mistake on the same day (which coincidentally fell on Black Friday).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  4. TruespeedEM1

TruespeedEM1 Skunk Shrimp

If you're going to say the price match policy is worthless you have to take into consideration a lot of facts.

-A lot of people in this thread, including myself, have had things price matched from MD, which means that its not "worthless" as this thread title states.
    -Next, you must understand this was on Black Friday, no matter if the "link was in their ad or not" Like I said, if newcomers are visiting their site, they're going to promote themselves, especially on the sale holiday of the year.
    -Next, you have not provided any link whatsoever to the item in question, proving that it was cheaper on any other store.
    - Straight form the Price Match policy guidelines.
    "MarineDepot.com reserves the right to reject any price match that cannot be verified by proof acceptable to MarineDepot.com in its sole discretion.
    We reserve the right to modify or cancel the Low Price Guarantee at any time without prior notice. Any modification will be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Low Price Guarantee on this page."

-Finally, you cannot compare Wal-Mart dropping prices to MD. Apples and Oranges. Wal-Mart is the #1 revenue chain in the world, MD is a internet oriented hobby website.

I dont really see the merit of the argument (saying its worthless) considering they clearly make it known they can choose whatever they want to price match (or not in this case), and many individuals have had this done for them. I think you are missing the point of a price match; its a nice thing to have for customers, and since they're providing it, they should be able to decide what they want to match or not.

1 person likes this.
  5. jrwoltman

jrwoltman Skunk Shrimp

So, sponsors are not to be criticized on this website if someone has a complaint? :confused: "It is something we do not take lightly?" :confused: What does that mean? Who are "we"? I don't care if someone complains about a sponsor and I imagine others probably don't either. You sound like a total fool. :dunce2:

6. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

It is our job as consumers to hold companies responsible for anything we feel is not a good business practice. If the OP feels that the company has provided a poor service I feel that he should let everyone know his experience as I would like to know. Even if some of you disagree it is his prerogative to provide his experience. I agree that ANY company should not provide misleading information on something and I do hold them accountable. Thats like when a business puts SALE on a shelf that has 3 different products on it. But when you go to check out with one of those 3 things they say no it was only for the 1 item that was centered above that sale sign on the shelf (yet the sale sign did not specify). That is poor and possibly intentional misrepresentation.

7. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Has the OP PM'd MD on here? I would tend to think that customer service doesn't check the PM's on here and that you might get a different response. Just a thought.

8. Click Here!

9. Reefs not Refs

Reefs not Refs Bristle Worm

I completely agree. Sponsors aren't untouchable. If they don't do a good job it should be said.

10. Reefs not Refs

Reefs not Refs Bristle Worm

I completely agree with you. False advertising, bad customer service, and an unhappy customer. No reason for them not price matching.

11. fronty

fronty Plankton

I think you are reaching for an argument. Furthermore, I already addressed almost everything you have mentioned in this post. I am not going to continue to rebut the same things. I already mentioned I provided a screen shot. The reason I am not divulging the competitors names is to keep my review of my experience confined. I do not want to appear to be promoting another company or that I have some sort of bias. By posting the competitors, I would be indirectly promoting their business on Marine Depot's forum. I do not want to do this.

Where does it say in their policy they can choose which price to match?

The walmart example was just to provide an example of how a business should adhere to their policies. I am not or did not try to have Marine Depot price match walmart. Basically, you are saying it is fine for Marine Depot to deny price matches for any reason. Well, they should put that in their policy. They should be able to say that a competitor is twice its size. Therefore, we will not be able to price match. Do you think that is acceptable? Where is the guarantee they readily advertise? They should change it to Marine Depot's Low Price Effort.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  12. mails2thiagu

mails2thiagu Feather Duster

Well said...totally agreed !! sometimes bad reviews are very useful than good reviews if they are true..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.