Marine Depot's Low Price guarantee is...

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by fronty, Nov 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

I agree.. ;) It's not hurting someone's feeling, it's just common sense.. ;D

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. RJT

RJT Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have to agree with the OP. He posted a valid complaint about MD on their part of the forum. If you advertise your policy and don't follow it because you will lose money then this isn't really a policy.

4. salt4me

salt4me Skunk Shrimp

The ones i like are the ones that jack the price up on an item, then drop it back to regular price and say sale. Sort of dirty you ask me. Why even act like your placing the item on sale. I wouldnt expect any one to price match on black friday. Because each site has certain items on sale.

5. clarky2120

clarky2120 Bubble Tip Anemone

Maybe Marine Depot had an item that the other website wanted. Instead of paying two shipping costs he could have just purchased everything at Marine Depot. And MD should have pricematched.

6. fronty

fronty Plankton

I did end up completing the transaction with the competitor. The items were saved to my cart. If I didn't do that, I would have missed the sale. The intention of this thread was to provide feedback of my experience to other members. With Cyber Monday coming up, it might alleviate some frustration with price adjustments getting denied. Marine Depot should consider revising their policies. The fact that they state they have strengthened their price match policies leads me to believe that other customers have complained that it was misleading.

7. fronty

fronty Plankton

My point was that if you advertise a policy to entice people to shop with you, the company needs to honor it regardless of taking a loss. What if you won a item on ebay and the seller responded that the auction went to low and refused to sell it due to loss? I don't think this is a valid reason. Now, if there wasn't a formal policy in place, it would make sense to not honor it.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. fronty

fronty Plankton

I can tell you do not own your business. You can't have policies in place that you do not honor. I have already mentioned that it is not the price of the heater that was the problem or the savings. It is the principle behind it. You should not have a policy in place that you do not honor or that you can selective choose what will be honored. They also SPECIFICALLY targeted Black Friday price matching, so that is not a valid reason not to honor their policy. In fact, they should know that some items will be sold at a loss. Do you think that all door busters during Black Friday are profitable.

Yes, companies do take losses on items all the time. My GF worked as a Walmart pharmacy during college for a letter of recommendation. On Sunday, they would buy a newspaper and automatically drop all prices lower than their competitors. A lot of items were dropped below Walmart's cost. Therefore, they were willing to LOSE money in order to retain customers. Why? It is better to lose a few dollars on some items in order to keep customers buying other profitable items.

I am not stating that any other aspect of Marine Depot is being negatively reviewed. My personal experience is just in regards to the low price guarantee advertising.

10. fronty

fronty Plankton

The purpose of the comment isn't to bash a company. It is to provide feedback. They already blew me off and I do not expect anything. I already purchased the item from the other company. I might give them another try in the future, but they need to seriously consider revising their policies. I don't know why you believe they are in the right. They didn't even investigate the price. They just said it is too low of a price and they "believe" it could be a pricing error. Well, why not get a confirmation?

11. fronty

fronty Plankton

The difference is that none of them specifically had a price match guarantee IN their Black Friday ad.

12. fronty

fronty Plankton

Thank you. I appreciate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.