Marine Depots Customer Service

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by Aaron.Herk, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

its mainy the fact that they just didnt even care enough to call him back.

2. Click Here!

3. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

I'm with Corrailline. Give things time.

How about calling them back and telling them, "look, I made a mistake and I received things I don't want, cant use, and would not like to pay for." I'd be VERY surprised if they said, "Sorry, you're out of luck." Best case scenario, they allow you to return the items and they'll pay for the return shipping. Lest best case is that they take back those items, give you a full refund, and put that shipping towards a future order. Worst case scenario, is that you return the items and you're out the shipping charges.

This might be kicking you while you're down, but checking one's cart for accuracy before clicking to commit is technically your reponsibility, not theirs. I know you don't feel this way at the moment, but try to consider their position. They have many thousands of customers; and in these rare cases, a company's true colors will only shine through after the heat of the moment is off both parties.

Give this a few days and report back to us. I'm confident they'll do right by you. I only continue to shop there because they've showed me nothing but courtesy, professionality, and a genuine (not ostentatious) desire to make me happy. They continue to be in business because I'm not the only one who receives such service from them.

FWIW, knocking a vendor before 24 hours has transpired IMO might be selling them a bit short. They're a 3reef sponsor, they pay money for that priviledge; and they're not about to lose a great reputation because one customer made a mistake.

Give them a chance, I'd bet without hesitation the end result will be satisfactory.

Good luck!! :)

2 people like this.
  4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

If a week had gone by, you'd be more accurate with this statement. If you were juggling a thousand or more inquiries a day; "care" is likely not as much at issue as pure logistics.

If a week goes by and these folks have done nothing to make the customer happy, then we have an issue. Right now we have a problem in need of a solution. I'm confident they'll make it right.

Patience is key, folks.

5. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I completely know that I made a mistake not trying to deny that, but I know plenty of people I have order from would have had it fixed after a phone call. I have had several good orders from Marine Depot in the past. However I have had plenty of good orders from other vendors. I thought this would get some attention, possibly negative sure. However if they would have called and let me know I would have given them the benefit of the doubt. If everything is settled with Marine Depot I will happily let everyone on here know. => Everything has been settled.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. pgoodsell

pgoodsell Horrid Stonefish

Well said ReefSparky

7. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Void the charge from your Credit card or Debit. That will cancel the order. I had to do the same thing not too long ago on another site.

8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I am sure this is very important. I would be frustrated over $200, if I were i your place too.

Nobody said you were lying. It's not whether you are trying to knock them down or not. If this is true, then I would wait until they can give you a call back. Wait 24 hours and see if they try to contact you again. You may not purposely be knocking them[Marine Depot] down, but by venting about their customer service on the forum which they are a sponsor of, is not really being fair. One idea would be to take this up with them in a private message, possibly.

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

+1, i believe this is the path that should have been taken in the first place to avoid the public from seeing this i guess.

11. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

If it hasn't already been processed, and te money taken from your account, that is a good idea.

12. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

updated

Last edited: May 17, 2011