Marine Depots Customer Service

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by Aaron.Herk, May 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

Well I was making an order today with marine depot and had about $100 dollars worth of items ready to check out. I was at work on lunch so was rushing a little. So I went to check out. Saw my price everyone was good to go. Then I signed in since I had made previous orders. Well it appears that I had left over things in my cart from browsing the site previously. Well I okay'ed the order quick without noticing it added (9) 48" T5 bulbs to my order when I had signed in. I got an email saying my order was being processed finally then noticed my mistake. Well I went on the website immediately to see if I could change or cancel my order. I emailed customer service and called to talk to someone within 10 minutes of making my order.

Well I got a call and an email today from Marine Depot explaining what had happened. Although I wouldn't have mind to get a call or email last night at 9 PM to let me know what had happened I am happy that it was resolved. And happy that the Marine Depot team took the time to help me. Again this was my mistake. So now I can say that my experience with their customer service turned out to be a good experience.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  2. Click Here!

3. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

surely they cant charge you for those! thats insanity! i would be more insistant of them. its a simple mistake anyone could have made one like it. ridiculous. i have never been a fan of them

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

The issue with the order being sent to the warehouse is that the order has already been processed, charged, and confirmed. There is little any company can do after that point.

5. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

en thots shipped to the warehouse, they own the warehouse. its the marine depot ware house you think they could jsut give the ppl down there a call or something not to send it out.

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Other than call the warehouse and cancel that order. The fact that they didn't even call him back to let him know that they couldn't cancel it kinda shows that they just don't care.

7. Aaron.Herk

Aaron.Herk Sea Dragon

updated thread

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  8. Click Here!

9. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

That's unfortunate Aaron, but I really don't think there is much they could do after you have checkout and the order has already been processed.

10. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

Oh, I guess they could have done that... :-/

11. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

i would wait and see how it plays out. if they do end up charging you for all those lights then you can bring it up with them. if they delivered them to you that would be cool they would probably refund the money and let you keep them. because they get those lights for like twenty bucks a pop

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Honestly I do not think any conclusions can be drawn yet.

I have used Marine Depot on numerous occasions and never had even a slight issue.

Glitches happen, but unfortunately they are not usually remedied within 24 hours.

I would be more patient, before starting a thread that can only draw negative attention, to something that will likely be resolved.

JM2C

2 people like this.