Marco rock v's bulkreef eco rox

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TORMENTOR, Jan 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

I am going to ordering about 100lbs of dry Fiji rock and came across these two sites selling Dry Fiji rock.
    Has anyone ordered from either companies and what do you think of the rocks.
    I am looking to go with the dry as my base and seed it with some live rock and want nice pieces that have good characteristics and shapes and sizes

So please let me know your opinion as which is the better of the two.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I have actually ordered from both. I had a very bad experience with Marco rocks. I placed a pre-order because he was out of stock. His website said they should get it any day. i waited 2 weeks and decided to cancel my order because I needed the rock soon. I tried calling and emailing him multiple times but never got a response. I ended up going through my credit card company to get my money back. He apparently takes orders and charges you, but then waits until his shipments come in, which can take months depending on when you order. I will never do business with him again.
    On the other hand, I love bulkreefsupply. I order some rocks from them and they were great! Exactly what I wanted. I also asked for smaller pieces and that is exactly what they sent. Couldn't be happier. Very fast, great customer service.

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

I've ordered from both as well, I wont use nor recommend marco rocks again but bulkreefsupply did a good job

5. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

Thanks guys, I was unsure of MarcoRocks myself as I have read the same thing. I will be ordering from BulkReefSupply now, I wish there was a coupon code, I thought I saw one somewhere but cant find it anymore

6. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

Well I took the plunge and ordered 105lbs of Marco's Signature rock yesterday and it was already picked up by Fed X from Florida. I look to have it at my door either tomorrow or Saturday.

80lbs will go in my 75g reef tank I will be setting up, I will be seeding it with about 20lbs of live rock.
    The other 25lbs goes to a friend of mines 75g FOWLR that he set up in November.

Man I am getting pretty darned excited at this point.
    I have a 38 gallon tank for my sump/fuge (going to copy Luna's set up) that I will be cleaning out this weekend then my freshwater tank comes down to make room for the new reef tank. WOO HOO!!

7. hydrojeff

hydrojeff Montipora Capricornis

do you mean you ordered from bulkreefsupply?

8. Click Here!

9. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

No, I ordered from MarcoRocks.com

10. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

I got my first shipment from Marco yesterday and what an awesome shipment it was. The rocks are freakin beautiful........
    I cant wait the get the rest of it in my tank when it comes, hopefully on Tuesday.

I just took down my fresh water tank yesterday and moved the 75 gallon to its spot and put the first 50lbs of dry rock in it. Tuesday the remaining 30lbs goes in it and then I will get about 30lbs of live rock for it after its filled with water. I still have to configure my sump/fuge and do the plumbing and then I can add the water.

It wont be long now......

Pictures will be coming Luna!!!!
    Well here's one for now, sorry kind of crappy.

Attached Files:

• 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      183.5 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      265.7 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      123 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      112.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  11. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

That's some nice looking rock!

12. TORMENTOR

TORMENTOR Bristle Worm

I got a second shipment of Marco Rocks yesterday and it looks as good as the first load I got and Saturday.
    I cant wait till I get my sump/fuge configured so I can fill the tank up with water and get about 30lbs of live rock and start my cycle. I hope to have it cycling in the next 2 weeks with more pictures for the picture police (Luna)

For now, Happy reefing
    Rich

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.