mantis caught

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by divott, Dec 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. divott

divott Giant Squid

just got him to eat some mysis. and yes i did say him. lol. when he came out for it , i got a glimpse of that V you were talking about jwin. thnx for the help.

2. Click Here!

3. divott

divott Giant Squid

hope your proud jwin. i was in another room and i heard this tapping noise. went and investigated, think my boy had his 1st snail in his new room. :) one is missing , but couldnt get pics or see for sure. he is inside a hole in some lr. if i can get one i will post it.

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

What a funny thread - I'm sorry I've missed it! Guy, you should be proud of your new "boy"......I think! Don't even get Jwin started on the emerald crab he made me buy at the LFS for Bo yesterday - I just can't take that! Bo eats krill off the tongs normally.....and his snail bashing doesn't bother me at all - the crab thing, though - ugh.

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Nice mantis Divott. Looks like a N. Wennerae to but can't be 100% sure. Regardless of its actual species it will stay around 3", be extremely hardy and make a great pet.

k+ for not killing it!

6. divott

divott Giant Squid

thnx stepho . tough getting pics of him. red on top, blue underbelly . with yellow legs. its gotten its 2nd snail. cool and smart creature they seem. its plugged up some holes with CC so cant see in any more. if i get him to stay still, i will get a pic or 5. big learning curve for me with this, and i will probably pick your brain and others here. thnx again

7. Triplemom

Yay blue! I hope you can get some pictures. I just think they're amazing. Here's a picture I took of Bo earlier today. He just happed to stop in front of the glass and I got a clear shot (I was working, of course ;)).

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. Triplemom

Hmmmmmm....I was just looking at the picture again. To the bottom left - is that the "V" my son was talking about?

10. divott

divott Giant Squid

lol, define working please? or a new job as a photographer? :) but bo is one handsome young man , isnt he. im thawing some krill now to feed him. i will get my daughter with her camera, and hopefully we can finally get a good pic of him. and thnx for sharing the pic rhonda

11. Triplemom

Well, I was "working" my camera at the time - the danger of having your fish tanks in your home office!

Thanks, Guy - I really liked that picture. It's so hard to get a clear shot! Bo loves krill - he takes it right off the tongs. He managed to get two snails today. You can see why I get so distracted at work - I'm typing away and then hear Bo smashing something. I have to stop and take a look! ;) I'll be waiting on that picture!

12. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Not sure what your talking about, but the "V" can only be viewed from the underside. Awesome picture btw, Bo is one handsome devil.

1 person likes this.