Manajo and aiptasias

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by rookie reefer, Jul 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rookie reefer

rookie reefer Astrea Snail

i think i will try that joes juice first and if that dont work nuke it i guesse but have corals attached to some rocks that will need it

2. Click Here!

3. ManNurseReefer

ManNurseReefer Fire Shrimp

Those don't really look like aptasias to me. What are Manajos? Just wondering, I've never had to deal with Manajos. I did have two large aptasia. I bought some stuff to inject directly into them and I havent seen them since.

4. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

All those things that look like zoas are majano's.I would not kill them with joe juice,theres too many,if you killed the majority in the tank,all those dead nems would definitly cause a bad ammonia spike that would probably kill everything eles in the tank as well.I would nuke it.

5. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

they are also referred to as Tulip anemones. I had them bad in my old tank. they are very invasive and once they are this bad, you are fighting an uphill battle. they are also in places you cannot see. i would kill mine back one a year only to find them returning shortly.

6. rookie reefer

i really dont want to nuke the rock because i have corals attached to some of the rock and dont want to loose them but if all else fails that might be the answer

7. rookie reefer

also if i take all the rock out and nuke it wont it stress out my fish and about the corals on the rock cabbage and colt also star polyps could i cut them at the base off the rock and put them in sand bed until ready to go back in

8. Click Here!

9. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

I didnt read all the pages but you are infested!!! Just nuke the rock!! LOL

Sorry to see that happen to you man.

10. 2_slow_5.0

2_slow_5.0 Flamingo Tongue

Not taking a drastic measure to get rid of them your running the risk of loosing much more then just the coral on that one rock.

Just sayin.. :-/

11. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Nuking the rock is a drastic measure guys. that many anenomes garunteed arew on more than just that one rock. Probably some on every single rock. find out if you can find somthing that eats them before you go basically starting your tank all over agian. remember you are he one that will have to do the work not the sugggesters.

12. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

Yes very true. I wil never tell someone they HAVE to do something to be successful, but I have been there where he is now. I started all over.

no matter how you go, best of luck to you.