making more shrooms

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by dano, Feb 15, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dano

dano Spaghetti Worm

making, spreading, breeding what you call it. what is a good way to ensure a healthy reproduction?or does it take some time. ive had mine for about three weeks. is that still too early to expect to see some new buds?

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Yeah just give it some more time. They should spread eventually. If you want to force it you can frag them by cutting them like pizza and gluing the pieces to rocks. I'd just wait. They'll spread.

4. mushroom_man

mushroom_man Bubble Tip Anemone

miami,right near da beach BOYE!, FL,Florida
    take it from me your better off waiting for the little shrooms to grow by themselves. when they do youll see some fall off a rock. what i do in the instance is take a spare peice of LR take the mushroom out of the water and place it on the spare peice of rock. the shrooms retain water and will be attached to the rock in no time... (like 15-20 minutes) do it in a poorly lit room just to make sure. good luck and let them do the work!;D

5. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

thanks for the tip. i have several different types of shrooms. i am going to try that. two of the 4 different types i have came on live rock. i like them alot and want more of them.

6. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I jus got a hairy shroom, is it the same for this kind , do they spred by them self?. it also changes color when light are out or about it's usualy brown and then cahnges to a greenish color

7. Black_Raven

Black_Raven Scooter Blennie

the hairy mushrooms spread by laceration. They will get bigger and just split off from each other. I started with one and now have six and counting.

8. Click Here!

9. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thank's for the reply it was helpful

10. chris-miranda

chris-miranda Astrea Snail

just sum advice from experince if you decide to cut them wear safety glasses i was cutting several mushrooms and 1 fat one popped right when i cut it in half and lets just say the juice hit me right into my eye it hurt so damm bad :) if you want to cut the mushrooms i have found that clear plastic cups with sum lr rubble in there works very well and the mushroom pieces attach to the lr if you do not use a container then your mushrooms will end up in your filter or pumps :(

11. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Check out GARF.org they have many videos and pictorials on fragging everything from Xenia to LPS. there is a lot of great info.

Jason

12. Rob

Rob Astrea Snail

what is the best way to get the shroom off the rock?